Uncredited "mystery woman" in Last Post and Pidgeon

Marianna

Dedicated Member
I seem to remember that this came up in sometime in the past, but I can't find the thread to add to it.

In the scene in which Roz brings Edie back to the house from the churchyard to find a surprise welcome home celebration, a blonde, slim woman exits the house behind Wesley, Barry and Glenda, she mostly stays out of the camera's line of sight, and she has no lines. Having compared this photo of Janette Scott with the few frames in which her face is visible, I wonder if she was that mystery woman. Her hair is worn up, similar to Janette Scott's in this photo only more flat and dowdy, and the eyes, nose and smile look very much the same.

Thora Hird and family.jpg
Thora Hird with husband James Scott and daughter Janette Scott

This photo was recently posted to the Last of the Summer Wine Forever Facebook group and in answer to my asking there if the mystery woman might have been Thora's daughter, David Roberts replied, "All I know is that she was Thora's carer while she was on location. It may have been Janette.. I think this was the only time she was ever seen as you said."

That all rings a bell with something I have read, but a long time ago. Possibly in the old SWAS publication - there were about 20 of these and full of extraneous detail picked up at the time of filming in the 1990s.

BlondeWoman1.jpg BlondeWoman2.jpg upload_2017-1-16_22-39-27.jpeg upload_2017-1-16_22-40-16.jpeg upload_2017-1-16_22-39-27.jpeg upload_2017-1-16_22-40-16.jpeg I think I remember someone saying the blonde woman may have been the winner of a contest and the prize was to be a guest shot on the show. At any rate I don't think that woman looks like Janette Scott. These are pictures of Janette - the first from the internet, no date - the second from "There Goes the Groom" 1997. I don't know how to put pictures in here so I'm just guessing and hope it works. I'll put the screenshots of the blonde woman in the next post. They are from "Last Post and Pigeon" and "From Here To Paternity."

Like I said, I don't know how to insert pictures and I obviously messed it up. But I'm going to leave it rather than make it worse. Hope you can figure out what I mean.

Back