Unwinding

• Thread starter Thread starter gill
  • Start date Start date
G

gill

I have just finished 2 12hr shift's at work we have been very busy. I'm going to unwind in bed by watching one of my favourite episode's Dried Date's and Codfangler's. Bliss!

Hello Gill,

Given your profession how sad to see that you have been very busy because it implies that a lot of people have had health issues that required a hospital visit over the last couple of days .:(

Hi Capt. It was hectic. There is just a vast increase of people requiring A&E service's, i just hope the winter is not cold and the flu bug does not appear.(sorry for sounding gloomy) im going to watch Crum's later today, my fave Chritmas special. Take care X

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a great way to unwind on Sat night, after a hard day watching Summer Wine in bed. It is to be recomended. Had a day off Sun but was back today.

Hope you are able to have a nice, relaxing rest after those long hours of work. Maybe a glass of wine to go with your Summer Wine, or a pint of lager if you prefer. :)

Cheers,
Rick

So just what is A&E?

Accident & Emergency. "Emergency Room" in American.

Been there, done that, George Eliot Hospital (NHS) in Nuneaton on my first visit there. Walked a few yards from the rail station, caught the sole of my shoe on a rough patch in the paving, fell and broke my right wrist. I was there on a day trip from London, so had to get myself back on the train that evening and over to the university dorm where I was lodging. Next day, I changed my airline reservation to return home early, then packed one-handed and spent the money for a taxi to Paddington Station for the airport, rather than taking a bus, as I usually would.

Last edited:
Hi Marianna. Hope your wrist is ok now and you had good treatment when you were in hospital. Take care.

Hi Rick. Relaxing in bed with a glass of wine watching Summer Wine sound's good to me!!

Hi Marianna. Hope your wrist is ok now and you had good treatment when you were in hospital. Take care.

I had wonderful and very quick treatment, in and out in about two and a half hours with a plaster splint, rather than a cast, and a CD containing a copy of the X-rays. The splint rather than cast was to allow an open slot the full length of the plaster for the swelling that would inevitably occur during the long flight back to the States a few days later. This was several years ago, and the wrist is as good as it can be given that the fracture was very close to the joint and it was the second fracture in almost the same spot.

I have just finished 2 12hr shift's at work we have been very busy. I'm going to unwind in bed by watching one of my favourite episode's Dried Date's and Codfangler's. Bliss!
What a great way to relax Gill,I do the same after a horrible day,I don't need a glass of wine or a beer,just feet up,mug of tea and an episode of SummerWine,in the summer a walk up the hills to the locations is a lovely way to relax,when I went to Holmfirth last week I drove past Seymours house where they did some filming of that episode,it looks amazing,all lit up,with lit up trees all the way down the long drive,I wish now I had stopped to take a photo,I met the owner,Debs,last year and took some photos of the house and put them on here,she used to be on this forum,called Eyup but she's not been on for ages,anyway she's doing a wonderful job caring for Seymours cottage,take care Gill,I hope your shifts over Christmas won't be too bad in the types of incidents you deal with,but I know with certainty you will be extremely busy,I hope what time you have with your family is lovely,that sentiment goes out to everyone x

So just what is A&E?
When I first started it was just called Casualty,and even now everyone refers to it as Cas.For years,till recently it was Accident and Emergency,now on all the forms that we fill in we have to refer to it as ED (Emergency Department) I don't think they like the word accident,Road Traffic Accidents (RTA's) must only be referred to as Road Traffic Collisions (RTC's),theres probably some pc blame culture reason for it.

Hi Pete. I also hope you have a great Christmas with friend's and family. Hope work goes well but as we know Christmas and New Year are alway 's very busy. Take care X. Ps thank's again for the Lane photo's they were lovely. X.

I'm sorry to keep on about my job but how nice it has been today after a hard night shift to relax on the sofa with a mug of coffee and my tablet and spend quality time on this great website.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first started it was just called Casualty,and even now everyone refers to it as Cas.For years,till recently it was Accident and Emergency,now on all the forms that we fill in we have to refer to it as ED (Emergency Department) I don't think they like the word accident,Road Traffic Accidents (RTA's) must only be referred to as Road Traffic Collisions (RTC's),theres probably some pc blame culture reason for it.

Just caught an episode of May and December and Jamie, the son required an operation and the sign above the door clearly said, "Accident and Emergency."

Back