Viz magazine.

ferret

Dedicated Member
I know it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but i thought i'd let you know that there's still some new LOTSW knocking about! The latest copy of Viz has this strip about the three lads making a nuclear bomb! Back in the early eighties a mate of mine was at Newcastle Uni' and he was always bringing back copies of Viz for us. I'd not read a copy for years until one of the younger lads at work started to buy it. There's still some funny stuff in it....if you've got a warped mind:p 53285608_1108820825957279_7841773846205038592_n.jpg53796637_398314404281127_7176895720325120000_n.jpg

Funny, what I could read of it. Good quality artwork of the characters. Thanks for posting.

Is there a way to see a larger version of the comic strip? Would like to read more of their LotSW focused work. I did a quick search of Viz and it seemed to come up mostly anime / manga type stuff. Was I in the right place? Hang on, are you trying to hint to us that you (or we) might have a warped mind ferret, hehe? ;)

The magazine originates from my home City Newcastle upon Tyne written by the Donald Brothers . It is a magazine with a cast of characters aimed at an adult audience . Rick , here is the link to the page for overseas subscribers if you are interested . Two of the characters Roger Mellie the man on the telly and Sid the Sexist made it to DVD . Both are cartoons , Roger being voiced by the sadly departed Peter Cook . They are both on You Tube . Links to Roger Mellie on You Tube below.

http://subscribe.viz.co.uk/overseas-subscriptions

Didn't like some of the dialogue, but very well drawn, and some good observations despite of everything.

I posted the You Tube reference in a direct response to the question about VIZ , what I omitted to do and I must apologise was to post a warning that the language is really strong . I did point out that it was for an adult audience , the whole magazine is most definitely for adults , it can be extremely offensive and as such if anyone does not wish to hear or read offensive material then please do not click the link or indeed purchase the magazine.

Back