Wesley's Land Rover questions

Yes Onslow Auntie did get a milk float. I know Tom drove it often, not sure of Smiler ever driving it. Do recall the police commandeering it to chase down someone.

I do have a blue die cast 1/43 scale of a Rover made by Dinky Toys very much like the one you posted. Sadly, it did not come with the Compo, Edi or Triumph models.

Yes Onslow Auntie did get a milk float. I know Tom drove it often, not sure of Smiler ever driving it. Do recall the police commandeering it to chase down someone.

I do have a blue die cast 1/43 scale of a Rover made by Dinky Toys very much like the one you posted. Sadly, it did not come with the Compo, Edi or Triumph models.

Yes, Dinky did do a model of a Land Rover pick-up, although that was not intended to represent any real or TV vehicle. They did manage to get the cab roof a more accurate shape though, unlike Corgi.

I wonder if this ( OSX 666P )was used the once as it had the winch on the front, and that was required in Give us a Lift, and not required as far as I can recall in any other episode

Mine has the rear side corner windows as well.

@maltrab After a quick rummage through my videos I found the OSX 666P Rover in just two episodes of the series 13 1991 season: Quick Quick Slow and Give us a Lift.

Because the next time we see his Rover's are series 14 in 1992 ep 7 Who's Got Rhythm? and before that in series 12 1990 ep 9 Roll On and both of those are different Rovers.

After a quick rummage through my videos I found the OSX 666P Rover in just two episodes of the series 13 1991 season: Quick Quick Slow and Give us a Lift.

Because the next time we see his Rover's are series 14 in 1992 ep 7 Who's Got Rhythm? and before that in series 12 1990 ep 9 Roll On and both of those are different Rovers.

OSX666P also appeared in Cashflow Problems

I wonder if this ( OSX 666P )was used the once as it had the winch on the front, and that was required in Give us a Lift, and not required as far as I can recall in any other episode
They actually changed the cab and put the winch on for the series. We were allowed to keep it after that too!

Mine has the rear side corner windows as well.

@maltrab After a quick rummage through my videos I found the OSX 666P Rover in just two episodes of the series 13 1991 season: Quick Quick Slow and Give us a Lift.

Who's Got Rhtym was when the longest used and most remembered Land Rover appeared - MOG 612X

The latter used Herald CXE is back on Ebay. I was hoping a fan had bought it but it appears that a dealer is trying to make more than few bob on it. Up at £23,000. It sold at auction the other month at £16,000.

Just revisiting this wonderful thread by @RickAns, clearly I've seen it before as I've liked some of the posts but cannot recall it!

I didn't realise just how many different Land Rovers Wesley had, that said the sort of person he was meant he probably would have chopped and changed them regularly. These older Series 2 & 3 vehicles are in high demand now and I've seen some fetch silly money. Perhaps Wesley should have held on to his collection.....

I've read articles and seen videos were people would take the Series 2 add an Overdrive gear for the highway and differential lockers for better off-roading. Proper little mountain goat those things climbing over obstacles.

I've read articles and seen videos were people would take the Series 2 add an Overdrive gear for the highway and differential lockers for better off-roading. Proper little mountain goat those things climbing over obstacles.
It was our answer to your brilliant Willys Jeep :)

Not sure about Edie's car or Entwhistle's truck yet. Roz had a little car too, can't think of anyone else who routinely had a vehicle.
...Compo reluctantly had many modes of transport but calling them vehicles is pushing it a bit too far!! :) ;)
[/QUOTE]
Didn't Compo drive a motorcycle plus type vehicle? Not even sure what that might be called. Also in The New Mobile Trio, didn't Compo own 1/3 of the car?

Hi, Adanor. Don't think Compo put up a third for the car in Mobile Trio. From my memory it was more Clegg asking Blamire to go in halves. He says ' .. if we both chip in 15 quid we could get one'. Then Blamire says What about him? nodding towards Compo. To which Clegg responds 'Like I said, if we both chip in 15 quad we could get one.' Then Compo goes on about polishing it or something.

Yes, Compo did operate a motorcycle plus sidecar in another episode. Forget how he managed to get it. Someone's widow selling it?

Compo drove the Reliant Robin & towed a roll of hay. Wally had his motorcycle combination & Sid had his mobile chip van.

Back