What no newspaper down

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I was watching a episode and noticed that Wesley was allowed to wander the house, including the front room and Edie was not putting newspaper down, not even complaining he was in the room in his overalls, what episode was I watching folks

Was it WELCOME TO EARTH? When he was testing Cleggy's bike with the broad front wheel and he fell off?

Situations Vacant ..............he'd got an especially clean pair on but was not supposed to get oily.

I might be thinking of the same episode Dick mentioned. Wesley was not exacting wandering the house, though. He came into the front room. Edie thought he was in an accident as the guys show her a Polaroid picture. She is so relieved he is not hurt and hugs him, getting herself dirty / oily. Think Wesley got all dirty holding a motorcycle up for Compo to pose for making deliveries / courier.

I recall another episode of Edie calling Wesley into the front room. You could see he had been there by traces he had left behind. He had gotten her tablecloth or something to use for sails for Compo's wind powered bike. Can't recall if she put down paper for him then.

I know (maybe)! The episode Jaws when Wesley installs the garbage disposal unit for Seymour. Edie did not mind Wesley there. Though she did clean around Compo and Cleggy.

Last edited:
Okay the one I was looking for was Uncle of the Bride, Wesley was in the front room holding and cleaning a part from maybe a car, Edie never even flinched at this, she was more concerned that he had invited his friends to the wedding

With the increasing move to online newspapers and periodicals, what would poor Edie do to protect the carpet and floor in the years to come and extending all things past laterally , what would we have wrapped fish and chips in and what would be torn into squares for "ablutions" in the privy/khazi/kermit the frog/john . :30:

Don't really see a problem yet here in NC. We get a fairly good sized
2- to 3- section daily paper with additional ads and all, and next
door in Raleigh they get a bigger daily. Many folks get both. So
there is plenty for fish and chips, and plenty to protect the
carpet. What we have fewer/less of though, is places to get
good fish and chips! Mostly we have burger joints (yuck)
and pizza palaces.

Back