What would have Wesley made of progress?

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
1aacd87cd5954aa484a6ead032c06e7d.jpg1651307791732.png

Like Wesley I'm a big Land Rover fan, he had many Land Rover's but in the last couple of years that iconic design has been relaunched. I was wondering what Wesley would have made of the new one and whether he'd have had one if the series had still been around today???

Incidentally can anyone tell me which episode that pic came from, I found it online but cannot recall the guys carrying an upturned boat on the top of the LR?

View attachment 5031View attachment 5032

Like Wesley I'm a big Land Rover fan, he had many Land Rover's but in the last couple of years that iconic design has been relaunched. I was wondering what Wesley would have made of the new one and whether he'd have had one if the series had still been around today???

Surely Wesley would trash something as nice and shiny as that in five seconds flat, wouldn't he? He'd certainly have the engine out of it, as soon as he got home, and then have no idea how to put it back in. again. Lol

In the original Magnum PI he drove a Ferrari 308 but in the modern remake he drove a Ferrari 488 Spider. So when LOTSW makes it's modern day remake the new Wesley can drive the new LR Defender :cool::cool::cool:

He would be converting his land rover to electric, with bits out of a Primrose Dairies milk float. and the motor left over from his waste disposal unit.
You're on to something there, but Wesley wouldn't do it the conventional way. He'd run a contraption from Edies cooker which would either blow it up or fuse all the electrics in the house!!

I think if Wesley got hold of the New Defender he would have it looking like that boat no long after getting it. He wasn't that good with Foggy's portable radios.

the scene where they knock the little dent out is a cracker.

The pay off is great think Ted says something like "For a minute I thought I almost had it " the Camera pulls back and there's the car as shown in the picture I posted :) just brilliant . I watch Ted as much as LOTSW because its just so brilliantly observed and well written.

Back