Where were they

IF they'd been in Newcastle in the 60's they'd have visited Milburn's Shellfish Bar in Percy street for a plate of cockles or mussels and all sorts of other seafood, sadly long gone and sorely missed :confused:
I'm ashamed to say I've only ever been to Newcastle briefly when I was attending a course in a place called Newburn Riverside some years back. I liked what I saw of it so hope to return in the near future..

Did you happen to come across a pub called the Keelman in Newburn Barry? Its a wonderful place good old style home cooked food and they brew their own beer on site , lovely outdoor space on a nice day.

Did you happen to come across a pub called the Keelman in Newburn Barry? Its a wonderful place good old style home cooked food and they brew their own beer on site , lovely outdoor space on a nice day.
No sadly I just stayed in a soulless Travelodge very similar to Alan Partridges Travel Tavern so drank in there. We went out for a lovely meal in Newcastle but I cannot recall where. It did seem an amazingly vibrant city, it's good 4 - 5 hour journey for me which puts me off but I need to get the old charabanc up there !!!!!

When I was working in telecoms I used to go to ACAS which was then in a building close to the station, they were on the 4th floor and I had to sign in at the reception, they chap behind the desk would always start chatting, I would nod and grunt in what I hoped was in the right places, but to this day I never understood a word he said to me.

Back