YOUR perfect ending......

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
"Did I lock the door ????" Cleggy enquires........as the coach travels along the road..January 1973 to August 2010......all those years....and OUR show ended like that.....
In your perfect "Summerwine World" [we all have a unique personal one don't we !!!] how would you have liked the final show to end.....AS A BONUS FOR EVERYONE you can include past characters.......NOW GET THINKIN' !!!!!.
Keith.
X!

wstol

Dedicated Member
Seymour (unseen) gets invited as guest speaker to a school in Oswestry, where Blamire (unseen) and Foggy (unseen) are also living (because of army connections).

Clegg and Truly plan a visit to Oswestry, but everyone decides to tag on - Hobbo, Alvin, Entwistle, a returning Billy Hardcastle, Ivy, Howard, Pearl, Marina, Barry, Glenda etc etc.

But the trip gets postponed after Entwistle blows up the bus, then it is revealed that Nora (unseen) is returning from Australia that day, so the cast then set about organising a party at the cafe.

Clegg takes a moment to write a few lines in his diary, and raises a glass (of wine) to Compo.

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
Seymour (unseen) gets invited as guest speaker to a school in Oswestry, where Blamire (unseen) and Foggy (unseen) are also living (because of army connections).

Clegg and Truly plan a visit to Oswestry, but everyone decides to tag on - Hobbo, Alvin, Entwistle, a returning Billy Hardcastle, Ivy, Howard, Pearl, Marina, Barry, Glenda etc etc.

But the trip gets postponed after Entwistle blows up the bus, then it is revealed that Nora (unseen) is returning from Australia that day, so the cast then set about organising a party at the cafe.

Clegg takes a moment to write a few lines in his diary, and raises a glass (of wine) to Compo.

They could use doubles like they did during the shows riskier moments and all characters could make a real appearance and not remain unseen .

Last edited:

wstol

Dedicated Member
Perhaps, but I think I would go for Clegg reading out letters (like in The Man from Oswestry and Uncle of the Bride) or receiving a phone call.

I think Clegg reading out letters is a great piece of narration to fill in the gaps in the story.

Barrychuckle

Dedicated Member
Nora & Compo finally getting it together.
Foggy getting a belated military recognition for bravery on a mission in his past army career.
Wesley getting one of his motorised contraptions into mass production
Clegg getting appointed as a lighthouse keeper where he can finally live the quiet life.
Marina & Miss Davenport both finding 'Mr Right'
Now Marina has moved on from Howard, him and Pearl reconcile their differences and live harmoniously
Auntie Wainwrights store going online making her a multi millionaire
Eli getting laser surgery so he gets 20/20 vision

....perhaps on reflection it was better that none of these loose ends were ever tidied up :):):)

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
My fellow "Summerwine Family Members" never fail to amaze me !!!!....
Roy Clarke would be proud of you all !!!.
I really appreciate the amazing efforts everyone has made.
I had the idea....but had no idea how my perfect ending would pan out.
You all inspire me.
Thank you all.
X!

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
him and Pearl reconcile their differences and live harmoniously
To quote one of the famous lines from Dads Army "Oh I think you're entering the realms of fantasy there Jones Barry" I would like to suggest an alternative, Eva decides she wants to be back in town , Alvin has literally flown the coup taking to his hanglider and sailing off into the sunset and so Eva makes a play for Howard again but this time for real.

BruceC

Dedicated Member
I reckon Stephen is onto something there... :18: :40: :18:

For me being the old softy
Compos Funeral...
We thought you'd like another wander through the hills, old son.

Still brings a tear to the eye

Adrian Morris

Dedicated Member
Maybe a New Year Special with them all gathered at The White Horse seeing in the new year with everyone happily holding hands especially the likes of Pearl and Marina actually singing Auld Lange Syne. With pictures of the past cast members that have passed on being spotted throughout the episode.

imitation700mb

Dedicated Member
Perhaps an episode where Clegg has joined the local history club and is giving a talk to everyone and reminising about the olden days of Holmfirth, possibly with photographs or archive clips of the series. I can imagine Clegg fondly remembering himself, Compo and Blamire camping out to photograph the sunrise in Hail Smiling Morn, Seymour's car ejector seat, or the time Foggy invented bicycle polo. Perhaps the episode could act as a history of LOTSW too.