A walk on the Summer Wine hills.

First of all let me just say that all of the photos are just wonderful. It is truly amazing to see these locations in their natural beauty. And I have a question. All of those screen shots seem to have red tones. I suppose that there is a perfectly logical technical reason why these red tones occur and in a sense they lend a type of ethereal effect.
Thanks Adanor,Maltrab got it exactly right,its nothing more technical than the tv screen and I think the sun on it,sometimes if I'm watching an episode and recognise a place I take a photo,and I like to look at them on my camera when I'm at the same location,and often take a photo from the same viewpoint,it sounds silly but I somehow feel a connection with the characters and programme when I do that,they don't always have that red tinge though,I'v just taken one of Compo outside Daisy Lane books and its as if I actually took it of him there,not been out walking for weeks and weeks,next week I'm going to the two opposite ends of Marsden,to the lovely hilly area by the Eastergate bridge where they filmed the red motorbike in A brief excursion in the fast lane,and then to the hills not far away at the other end of the town that I call the Seeya Compo hills where they filmed Adopted by a stray,I'll post some photos of both when I'v been and have chance,
Pete.

Yes, but where are they???
You know the view from Howards yard cciaffone,there is a long uphill road and to the left of it at the top is a lovely grassy hill,these were all taken on or around there,they did loads of filming there over many years.

Back