Beatties webcam

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
I received this message from Simon Flatley of Virtual Huddersfield...............

"" The server is complaining that we are using excessive bandwidth on the web cam . This can happen when people stay connected to the camera ,using it as a virtual window rather than for occasional viewing.
We have not had this trouble for a while but could I ask if it is any of your fellow members and ask if they can cease leaving it connected.
If we have to pay for more bandwidth ,this may mean we have to stop. I have disconnected the camera for the time being to avoid the server cutting off the other cameras.

In a follow up he said............Some people link directly to the web page which hosts the image and leave it on all day which means it is refreshed every 40 seconds. Others in the past have linked directly to the photo .
I can see the attraction in having this window on the world but it cannot cope with such demands . There is enough for everyone to dip in say 10 times a day but not all the time . You do not have to log in each time but it may come to it if I cannot sort this out. ""

I am supposing he sent this message via me because of the times I have emailed to tell him when the camera has gone down.
I am sure its not just the forum , Terry has posted a message on the Facebook page too.

They sent me an email to say it was back but I've had family around so did not see it before any of you guys. It had a reminder about not over-using it though!! :35: ::)

Thanks for post, don't think I am guilty though as am such a pathetic whatnot at all this stuff not sure how to switch webcam thingy on anyway:-[:-[

Thanks for post, don't think I am guilty though as am such a pathetic whatnot at all this stuff not sure how to switch webcam thingy on anyway:-[:-[

Float your cursor over 'Summer Wine Links' at the top of this page until the drop-down menu appears, then click 'Holmfirth Webcam'. That launches the still web cam overlooking the square bounded by Beattie's Cafe at the back, Sid's Cafe on the left, the parish church on the right and Town Gate in front.

BTW, the 'Other Webcam' link launches the live web cam in the end window of the Your PC shop on Station Road.

Marianna

Sent them an email 3 days ago but no reply yet?? Also asked if it was off because we'd overused it. :me:

Well, I guess that nobody is buying any sticky buns today. Perhaps if the sticky bun trade increases the webcam will go live again!!

Not guilty having only used it very occasionally, your honour!

Same here Barmpot, maybe once a week, then would shut it off. I noticed it was frozen to the Date July5th I believe. So is it a done deal that they will not be updating it live anymore?
:':)':)'(

Same here Barmpot, maybe once a week, then would shut it off. I noticed it was frozen to the Date July5th I believe. So is it a done deal that they will not be updating it live anymore?
:':)':)'(
Hello Bren. It would be a shame if its not live anymore. I enjoy catching up with activity outside the cafe

When it is live, I turn it on once a day and just leave it on for under 2 minutes. Perhaps the fee to run the entire setup increased dramatically.

When it is live, I turn it on once a day and just leave it on for under 2 minutes. Perhaps the fee to run the entire setup increased dramatically.
Or Beatties could have just closed down so no one to fix it or they are just being mean by not updating it.

Hello Bren. It would be a shame if its not live anymore. I enjoy catching up with activity outside the cafe

Me too. I also wished to try to coordinate (difficult though)when Pearl or others would be there,then I could see them live. I hope they put it back up again.

Me too. I also wished to try to coordinate (difficult though)when Pearl or others would be there,then I could see them live. I hope they put it back up again.

Are you stalking me? My daughter did that and took screen shots I have them somewhere.

Are you stalking me? My daughter did that and took screen shots I have them somewhere.

Yes, I am lady! I think you sent them to me, may be on my external hard drive. That would be sooooo cool to see someone around the world, get the time difference right. LOL. It would be neat. Simple minded here.:p

An email from Simon Flatley (Virtual Huddersfield)...........

" The webcam is back now , thanks to the members for going easy with the bandwidth ." :biggrin:

Back