Beatties webcam

The webcam looks good, so what are those red flowers? Some sort of fuchsia? Now who can contact the people who operate the other webcam? It's been off air for about a week.

The webcam looks good, so what are those red flowers? Some sort of fuchsia? Now who can contact the people who operate the other webcam? It's been off air for about a week.

The folks who operate the other web cam are probably fed up with hearing from me, but anyone who wants to contact them can do so. The contact info is on the shop's web site. Just Google "Your PC Holmfirth".

Re the webcam.................I emailed them concerning the "page cannot be found" but have so far had no reply.???

reply from Virtual Huddersfield re the Beatties webcam

COPY OF AN EMAIL FROM SIMON FLATLEY:

Thank you for your enquiry as to the functioning of the Holmfirth webcam. We are trying to improve the service and hope to be back soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
We would be grateful if you could give us an idea of your usage to help us.

Where are you based.. town? country?

What times do you normally look?
What is your average visit time?
Do you look all year??

Suggested improvements, ie bigger image , moveable by viewer or live stream
Kind Regards Simon Flatley ......Director Virtual Huddersfield.

There you have it people , it reads like a "form" letter but any decision on a reply will have to be from all regular viewers.

COPY OF AN EMAIL FROM SIMON FLATLEY

Got the same email today and responded with info.

Hope it helps.

Was not Simon Flatley one of the names on the old
Summer Wine Online web site?? (the official web site
of the Summer Wine Appreciation Society??).

Got the same email today and responded with info.

Hope it helps.

Was not Simon Flatley one of the names on the old
Summer Wine Online web site?? (the official web site
of the Summer Wine Appreciation Society??).

Not sure Chuck , you know more than me. He's just the guy who I have been emailing etc.???

Not sure Chuck , you know more than me. He's just the guy who I have been emailing etc.???

His Linkedin summary profile lists only Managing Director, Virtual Huddersfield. Only professional interests are listed, no personal ones.

Is anyone else likely to send their own email to Simon Flatley?? It may mean the difference between getting a new style format for the webcam and them keeping things as they are.:16:

I wrote to Simon Flatley regarding the web cam at Beatties, I asked him if he intended making any changes to the current format?

This is the verbatim reply I received from him..........................

Hi Richard, I took the camera down to analyse traffic v other cameras. It's back now but if I get a further misuse it will come down again.

I am looking at other options including restrictions on some users.
For now enjoy.

Kind Regards

Simon.

There you have it people! We shall have to wait and see!!

Last edited:
By the way , I did point out that the plants were blocking half the screen anyway!:32: :16:

Perhaps misuse can be construed as keeping it on longer than 15-30 minutes? And yes, those flowers would make a lovely bouquet for someone. Perhaps Ivy or Nora could use some flowers.

Just had an Email from Simon Flatley, he's not sure what the problem is re -Beatties cam but is looking into it. He asked me if I'd seen the Station Road cam and what I thought of it. Apart from telling him that I had mentioned it to him a week ago I said it would be nice if Beatties cam could be run on similar lines.

Just had an Email from Simon Flatley, he's not sure what the problem is re -Beatties cam but is looking into it. He asked me if I'd seen the Station Road cam and what I thought of it. Apart from telling him that I had mentioned it to him a week ago I said it would be nice if Beatties cam could be run on similar lines.

I told Mr. Flatley the same thing when I responded to his email to you that you quoted here. Great minds, and all that!

Back