Favourite scene.

Another great scene is the paperboy posting a paper then looking through the letterbox only for the lady of the house to open the top door, lean over and clout him round the ear. Easy one but which episode was that?
Yes, I like that one too. It was during the opening of "Uncle of the Bride."

A scene I really enjoy that was with supporting characters is "The Afterthoughts of a Co-op Manager."
Cooper and Walsh arrest Herman Teesdale but release him when he shows them how to put a nylon over their face and then scare their wives to hopefully get a cuddle when they comfort them.

One of my favourites is in Getting Sam home when Clegg is sitting on the school wall talking about the little bird flying into the window, its not funny I know, in fact its very moving, but then that sad little moment is changed in an instance when Foggy and Compo push him off the wall, a brilliant bit of writing.

So I have been away for a while and come back to this thread. Throughout all the threads over the years I don't know if there was ever a "favorite scene" thread.

OK, here it goes.

Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty

The entire scene where Wally is in the kitchen with Nora and is trying to size up her feet.

The ladder scene at the scene where the trio has the shoe measurer on a stick.

With these as my answers to this question, perhaps Mysterious Feet is my all time favorite episode.

A scene I really enjoy that was with supporting characters is "The Afterthoughts of a Co-op Manager."
Cooper and Walsh arrest Herman Teesdale but release him when he shows them how to put a nylon over their face and then scare their wives to hopefully get a cuddle when they comfort them.

That is a great scene. My favorite all time Cooper and Walsh scene was when they went into the grocery store to approach Edie about her parking, and then end up having to carry her groceries to her car.

Another scene is in Three Man And A Mangle. Nora walks down her steps picks up a sheet from the basket throws it of the line and falls flat on her face, her look as she sits there looking up to see where the line went is hilarious.

Three Men and a Mangle.... of course there is the obvious scene with the mangle on the brodge or viaduct and the police car. That is definitely one of the all time greats.

So I have been away for a while and come back to this thread. Throughout all the threads over the years I don't know if there was ever a "favorite scene" thread.
OK, here it goes.
Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty
The entire scene where Wally is in the kitchen with Nora and is trying to size up her feet.
The ladder scene at the scene where the trio has the shoe measurer on a stick.
With these as my answers to this question, perhaps Mysterious Feet is my all time favorite episode.
I agree this is a great scene. I often just listen to the program while I'm doing other things, but I always stop what I'm doing to watch this scene.

Not my absolute favourite but one of the ones I like . At the end of " A BRIEF EXCURSION IN THE FAST LANE" Barry spots Glenda astride the motorbike and throws off his "crash " helmet , as he approaches her he says "You cant go about like that, I work for a building society!" She says" what about speed ? " He says" I'll buy a train set!" As they make up, the scene closes with Cleggy, Truly and Wesley doing a multiple hand shake behind their backs.:21:

Back