Handbags

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Carrying on from another thread ( Not wanting to be accused taking another tread on a tangent ;D) I thought I'd start a new one and encourage the lovely ladies of this forum to reveal the contents of their handbags.

So has not to be accused of discrimination if any men want to join in then you could reveal the contents of your favourite jacket pockets.

I'll get the ball rolling.
1 purse
1 large bunch of keys
2 trains
6 pens
1 half packet of mints
1 stripe of Paracetamol
2 stripes Codeine
2 Packets of Calpol
1 note book
3 bills (Paid)
1 pill box
1 letter from the school
8 Plasters
1 small screw driver
1 straw from carton of juice
1 driving licence (Wondered where that had gone)
1 post card
1 drawing of santa
1 child's sun hat
2 shopping bags
and 3 empty packets Maulteasers

Carrying on from another thread ( Not wanting to be accused taking another tread on a tangent ;D) I thought I'd start a new one and encourage the lovely ladies of this forum to reveal the contents of their handbags.

So has not to be accused of discrimination if any men want to join in then you could reveal the contents of your favourite jacket pockets.

1 purse
1 large bunch of keys
2 trains
3 bills (Paid)

Intrigued - could you please expand on "trains". And where did all the unpaid bills go?

Trains
1 Percy and 1 Gordon, I have been entrusted to look after them by grandson who keeps checking that I'l looking after them properly so must carry them round with me, apparently they make me happy!!

How can you argue with a 4 year old special needs grandson who wants to make you happy? ;D

Dick, I don't need any because I'm " Supper Gran" That's according to a cheeky 13 year old :D

They are from the " Thomas The Tank Engine " series of childrens books.Percy and Gordon are other trains /characters in the stories Chuck.

Trains
1 Percy and 1 Gordon, I have been entrusted to look after them by grandson who keeps checking that I'l looking after them properly so must carry them round with me, apparently they make me happy!!

How can you argue with a 4 year old special needs grandson who wants to make you happy? ;D

Dick, I don't need any because I'm " Supper Gran" That's according to a cheeky 13 year old :D

Ah, a common mistake, particularly on the distaff side. You mean "engines". Percy and Gordon are engines - possibly really useful engines. A train comprises a carriage or carriages or a wagon or wagons usually complete with engine. Not sure a totally solitary carriage or wagon would comprise a train but two carriages could be said to do so. But an engine on its own is a light engine (not a train) and I would not describe two engines coupled together as a train - though, of course, a train with two engines is a double-header.

After all that anorak stuff must now try to recall what it was I put off in order to launch into it.

In mine I have

tissues
purse
mints
notebook
pen
nail file
fan ( for the odd power surge)
and most importantly lippy with a mirror, a girl should never leave home without it!!!

mine isn't anywhere near as exciting as Susan's all that lovely choccie

In mine I have

tissues
purse
mints
notebook
pen
nail file
and most importantly lippy with a mirror, a girl should never leave home without it!!!

What , no duct tape or housebrick?? ;) ;)

Unpaid bills are in the hallway waiting to be taken to the post office. ;D

The house brick and Duct tape are not on the list because I don't want to advertise that I'm going equipped! ;)

And I apologise for calling them trains when I know full well their engines because I get told off by my grandson for calling them trains. He's very cleaver and knows the difference its just his crazy old Momar that get it wrong :D

1 purse
1 large bunch of keys
2 trains
6 pens
1 half packet of mints
1 stripe of Paracetamol
2 stripes Codeine
2 Packets of Calpol
1 note book
3 bills (Paid)
1 pill box
1 letter from the school
8 Plasters
1 small screw driver
1 straw from carton of juice
1 driving licence (Wondered where that had gone)
1 post card
1 drawing of santa
1 child's sun hat
2 shopping bags
and 3 empty packets Maulteasers
What, no dried date or custard coated rabbit`s foot? :D

Susan , about the letter from school.How old is it ?? My daughter was sorting my grandson's old clothes last week and found a letter from school dated 3 years ago. !! ::)

:D
This one is from last term inviting us to join in the end of term party (They mean bring the food) ;)

In mine I have

tissues
purse
mints
notebook
pen
nail file

Did you notice they were empty packets?? ::) :eek:

Just checked mine.

one packet of Polos
my purse
my driving licence
perfume
a pack of tissues
pill box
1 strip of paracetamol
twix
bounty
toffee crisp
a list of people on a trip from work
a photo of my Dad
7, yes 7, pens
an asthma inhaler, 3 years out of date (which would probably kill me with all the dust and fluff in it!!!)
a sponsor form
a mini Bible
a crumpled book of stamps (I think they went up in price since I bought these)
5 loose tictacs
my mobile phone (needs charging)
digital camera (also needs charging.....)
3 empty plastic money bags

No wonder the things so heavy.

Ok I just got home from work and have gone through my purse and found:

-facial powder, mascara, eye liner, concealer-yes my face belongs to Maybelline makeup manufacturer

-10 coupons
-hairbrush
-checkbook
-planner -suppose to help stay organized but it doesn't help
-12 receipts-I don't know why I don't throw those away
-5 pens
-loose change
-mail
-1 book -How To Organize Your Life-cant find the time to read it.
-sunglasses
-eyedrops and lotion

That's it. Well. I actually organized my purse!

Ah, a common mistake, particularly on the distaff side. You mean "engines". Percy and Gordon are engines - possibly really useful engines. A train comprises a carriage or carriages or a wagon or wagons usually complete with engine. Not sure a totally solitary carriage or wagon would comprise a train but two carriages could be said to do so. But an engine on its own is a light engine (not a train) and I would not describe two engines coupled together as a train - though, of course, a train with two engines is a double-header.

After all that anorak stuff must now try to recall what it was I put off in order to launch into it.

I have read in an American magazine that a single coach or wagon can be regarded as a train. The sort Dr Beeching did not like ....

I quite like going off at tangents - you never know what to expect ....

however I keep as little as possible in my jacket pockets - spoils the line! :) :) :)

I actually still use a leather briefcase and this contains:

a diary (Filofax meant to fit in a pocket but is a trifle too wide with a pen loop!)
an A4 note folder for taking notes
a lectionary
a bible
my own collection of prayers for various services
my hearing aids in their box
a couple of fountain pens
and whatever file that I am currently concerned with or books currently reading.

I am working on replacing a lot of this with suitable apps on the mobile phone. But that may take a little while .....

Back