Handbags

Thank you Barmpot. Watch it Susan or I wil bop. you with my newly organized purse and then I will give you my "shriveler". .....well actually Comp's shriveler.
:D :D

Another handbag full of choccie, Rhi share the love and pass some around!!!!
I can't have choccie in the house or my bag as it wouldn't last a minute.

My sweet tooth defies years of no will power,

Got to admit as a mere male my accoutrements are pretty boring, . My jacket pockets almost always contain the same items. 1 reliever inhaler , strip of paracetamol strip of lozenges just in case of dry throat, mobile "emergency only" and a pack of tissues. My wallet,comb and proper hankies go into my trousers along with my door keys. ::) ;D

Thank you Barmpot. Watch it Susan or I wil bop. you with my newly organized purse and then I will give you my "shriveler". .....well actually Comp's shriveler.
:D :D

I'm disgusted to note you have no chocolate Beth! No handbag is complete without melting chocolate at the bottom. Handbags at dawn? ;D ;D

Well done Barmpot and Dick your the only males brave enough to divulge the contents of you bag/briefcase/pockets :D

Its surprising how many of us are carrying round drugs ;D

I have read in an American magazine that a single coach or wagon can be regarded as a train. The sort Dr Beeching did not like ....

Come to think of it, we do have single car diesel multiple units (slight misnomer that), the British Rail Class 153 Super Sprinter. That would certainly comprise a train. I suppose a train could be defined as the necessary accomodation for passengers or freight complete with necessary motive power, everything required to provide the service.

I have read in an American magazine that a single coach or wagon can be regarded as a train. The sort Dr Beeching did not like ....

Come to think of it, we do have single car diesel multiple units (slight misnomer that), the British Rail Class 153 Super Sprinter. That would certainly comprise a train. I suppose a train could be defined as the necessary accommodation for passengers or freight complete with necessary motive power, everything required to provide the service.

What I have read today is that when Flying Scotsman had two tenders the second tender was considered a train so in the 1960s when running 'light' engine had to have a guard's van attached as it was a 'train' not 'light engine'!!

Sorry ladies - complete tangent, we have definitely gone off the rails on this one - back to handbags ;D ;D ;D

What I have read today is that when Flying Scotsman had two tenders the second tender was considered a train so in the 1960s when running 'light' engine had to have a guard's van attached as it was a 'train' not 'light engine'!!

I find this fascinating. Mind, at the time the powers that be (or were) were very inhibiting on any form of steam operation. But it is these little oddballs which made the railway even more interesting.

In previous trivia, we did omit any reference to A4s at one time being allocated to Grantham.

Well I carry two, one is my purse, one is my book bag with my Nook and magazines/book in it. In my purse I carry my wallet, work and my personal keys, calendar, two makeup bags(my obsession) pill box, sunglasses, coupons, bottle of Advil, cell phone and charger(doesn't stay charged well) and two hair ties. Oh and small pot of hand lotion. My makeup bag is more embarrassing, I usually have about 10 lipsticks with me at any given time. :D

Beth, usually Dick and I take a conversation in all directions ( I blame Dick he's a bad influence, but don't tell him I said that ;)) Your very welcome to join our little off the rails gang :D.

Beth, usually Dick and I take a conversation in all directions ( I blame Dick he's a bad influence, but don't tell him I said that ;)) Your very welcome to join our little off the rails gang :D.
I heard that! Pardon! ;)

I occasionally tend to wander off the point: never been that good at even following a script in front of me! So when I have freedom to write as I choose - it can be a little bit of a incoherent ramble.

Actually I blame Michael Miles and 'Take Your Pick' on Friday nights when they had the yes/no interlude: I used to practice never saying yes or no to any statement which has left me somewhat circumlocutory ... I always wanted to go on and beat Alec with the gong and get my 10/- note.

being a mechanic, my wife always carries band-aids (Elastoplast) in her purse. :)
I carry them in my wallet as well.

Just checked my other handbag and found my diary. Ah well, no wonder I never know what I'm supposed to be doing! Also my cheque book, 4 more pens, (is there a shortage of pens in the rest of Neath, I wonder...?) and a pencil sharpener. No, I don't know where that came from either. Funny places, handbags.

Just checked my other handbag and found my diary. Ah well, no wonder I never know what I'm supposed to be doing! Also my cheque book, 4 more pens, (is there a shortage of pens in the rest of Neath, I wonder...?) and a pencil sharpener. No, I don't know where that came from either. Funny places, handbags.
in regard to your pens I had to laugh because I have probably 30 pens here in my apt but I did not purchase any of them. I wonder if there is a name for people who steal pens?

I think most of mine came stuck to the front of crossword mags! Although I do have a few from my bank....

in regard to your pens I had to laugh because I have probably 30 pens here in my apt but I did not purchase any of them. I wonder if there is a name for people who steal pens?

Thrifty ! ;D

When ever I go into Argos I come out with 2 or 3 of their pens. ;)

Back