Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

Re: Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

Contrary to my expectations (see my first post), I received a reply from the BBC! Audrie Wilson says,

"Thanks for your interest in our show 'Last of the Summer Wine'.

"I do appreciate it's frustrating when a show that you love is not available on DVD but not all programmes made or broadcast by us are given a commercial release.

"I've had a look online for you and although there is some DVD material available, not all of the 31 series have been released as far as I can see, not even here in the UK.

"I would suggest you contact the commercial arm of the BBC, BBC Worldwide. They alone deal with all things commercial and they should be able to tell you what series were released in what regions and perhaps if there are any future plans to release any more.

"You can contact them using the form on the following link –

http://www.bbcworldwide.com/contact-us.aspx

"(Say NO to the question - Is your enquiry about a TV or radio programme broadcast on the BBC in the UK or the bbc.co.uk website?)

"I do hope the Worldwide team are able to help."

So now we know where to address our requests. If there are any younger people out there who enjoyed the show and would like to see it again on DVD, requests from you including your ages, as well as from the retirees who are BBC Worldwide's expected market for LOTSW, might wake the BBC up to the existence of an ongoing viable market for the remaining seasons. I'll be contacting http://www.bbcworldwide.com/contact-us.aspx as soon as I've posted this message. Can we work up a deluge?

Thanks for the info index, I have sent a request to bbc worldwide and asked for a response. Lets see what happens. >:( >:( >:(

Dick how do you get a copy of my post on your reply page? I am not the brightest computer user but I get by.

Dick how do you get a copy of my post on your reply page? I am not the brightest computer user but I get by.

If you mean this Happyjack just press quote at the top of the message.

When you press the reply button , you look at the previous post and on the right is a little button that says "insert quote" click on that and it should come up (in quotes) at the top of the reply section. I had to get used to it as I am same as you , not to quick at computing. ::)I still type, two finger peck :-[ :-[

How much customer agitation would it take?

Has anyone who contacted BBC Worldwide or BBC America received a response? I haven't heard from BBC Worldwide yet, nor have I had any further response from BBC America beyond the one I reported earlier in the "Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?" thread.

I wonder how many people they'd need to hear from to catch on that there's a market out here in the real world? That is, the world outside their apparently rather insular offices.

Last edited:
My dad keeps ringing the BBC shop and having a go at him about it. I've told him its not his fault!!

Maybe we should all start emailing whoever and give them a whatfor.!

Had a reply this morning from BBC Worldwide saying that more episodes will be released this summer. Should we get excited or proceed with caution?:14:

I had a reply from BBC DVD marketing telling me I should contact Universal. The rights have been subleased to them .??????

I had a reply from BBC DVD marketing telling me I should contact Universal. The rights have been subleased to them .??????

If you let me know your e-mail address Dick I will ping you a copy of the e-mail I got this morning. My address is on the members list if you can find it. I cant yet.

But of course they didn't include Universal's email in their reply. (What's the smiley for sarcasm?) That would have made our next step too easy. Does anyone have that email address?

Had a reply this morning from BBC Worldwide saying that more episodes will be released this summer. Should we get excited or proceed with caution?:14:

That sounds like the official word. Maybe cautious optimism is in order? Region 1 DVDs have usually been released by BBC America a year or more later than Region 2, so I'm not going to get too excited yet.

But of course they didn't include Universal's email in their reply. (What's the smiley for sarcasm?) That would have made our next step too easy. Does anyone have that email address?
The smileys more for bewilderment. They tell you to contact Universal and as you say, don't tell you how/where to make contact:mad:

Back