Series 25 & 26 DVD on the Way?

I have tried that but a message says page 404 not available.??????

That's strange! It works for me.

When I click the Community link, I see a menu headed "Community Links" and listing Social Groups, Pictures & Albums, Contacts & Friends and Members List. Clicking on Members List displays the start of the list and an alphabetical jump menu.

Maybe it's time to contact the administrator. He's very helpful.

Last edited:
someone on facebook have just put on the summer wine fan page on there that someone on amazon back in January have said the remaining series will be released and on another review on there they are going to put a request in for the pilot episode as well, so if its all true then its very good news

I particularly want region 1 discs, rather than region 2, because my code-free DVD player is on its last legs, and I don't want to replace it because I dislike needing an additional machine to play just one set of discs.

Really think you ought to rethink this. I recently bought a
new Samsung from Amazon. Not only does it play ALL regions,
but it has a USB port as well, so I can play my many AVI files
with it (which saves a whole lotta space on DVDs!!).

I recently bought a new Samsung from Amazon. Not only does it play ALL regions, but it has a USB port as well, so I can play my many AVI files with it (which saves a whole lotta space on DVDs!!).

How cool! I hadn't shopped for this kind of technology in quite a while, so I wasn't aware of the latest and greatest. I'll definitely take a look. I'm especially interested in easily playing AVI files, as my DVD collection is getting out of hand.

I am very sure that I have mentioned this before,
but once, a very long time ago, a number of us on
another (Yahoo) SW forum put together a mailing list
for folks who wanted LOTSW DVDs. Several of us got
together a set of DVD copies and sent them to the list.
Each recipient got the disks, copied them, and then sent
them along to the next recipient. Etc. Etc. Worked a treat,
and cost only the price of mailing a packet of DVDs.

You might want to consider this as time rolls on and as
activity on these SW fora diminishes.

... someone on amazon back in January have said the remaining series will be released and on another review on there they are going to put a request in for the pilot episode as well ...

I just hunted up the Facebook news about the Amazon review. The person who reported the news posted the URL to the review. It's http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R34YTKDYONLLG2/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R34YTKDYONLLG2 The reviewer quotes a response received from Universal UK - as close to "straight from the horse's mouth" as we're likely to get.

... a number of us on another (Yahoo) SW forum put together a mailing list for folks who wanted LOTSW DVDs. Several of us got together a set of DVD copies and sent them to the list. Each recipient got the disks, copied them, and then sent them along to the next recipient. Etc. Etc. Worked a treat, and cost only the price of mailing a packet of DVDs.

You might want to consider this as time rolls on and as activity on these SW fora diminishes.

But that means that the actors, the crew and the writer or their heirs don't get the residuals they earned. It's a pittance, but they should have it regardless. They're not responsible for the BBC and/or the DVD producers' failure to release the pilot and the later seasons in a timely manner, so they shouldn't go uncompensated because we, who so enjoy their work, aren't willing to wait to purchase legal copies.

someone on facebook have just put on the summer wine fan page on there that someone on amazon back in January have said the remaining series will be released and on another review on there they are going to put a request in for the pilot episode as well, so if its all true then its very good news

Has anyone located either the review regarding the request for the pilot episode or the Facebook reference to that request? I've spent way too much time searching for it, but haven't found it yet.

Yes, I do understand. But given a choice between watching all the
LOTSW and not watching, in the end I'll do what needs to be
done. They are not gonna do the show again, are they. I mean,
look what's happened to David Jason and OAH. Probably
NOT gonna do a new version. It's over. You have the shows
or you don't.

Has anyone located either the review regarding the request for the pilot episode or the Facebook reference to that request? I've spent way too much time searching for it, but haven't found it yet.

the link that was put on facebook is a few threads up, as for the pilot one its on one of the series 25 & 26 dvd reviews, although I cant remember which one

Was just checking for series 25 & 26 availability and landed in http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/la...443/last_of_the_summer_wine_series_25_26_dvd/. Their link to Amazon.co.uk leads to http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00LFKIQPU/comedyguide-21/, where it says 'This title will be released on September 29, 2014.' And there's a pre-order button, not just an invitation to be notified when it's released.

It can be delivered to the States, but CAUTION — it's region 2, so a region-free DVD player, with the resulting voided warranty, will be required to play the discs. There seems to be a lag of between one and two years between the release of the region 2 two-season sets and the region 1 one-season set. The price for the region 2 set, shipped to the States, is £23.91 — $40.96 at today's conversion rate on XE.com. Compare to the usual price of about $29 per season for region 1 discs. Given the low price of region-free players, it's more economical to invest in one of them and order the region 2 discs.

Now Amazon is showing the series 27 & 28 set with the notice to 'Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.' They're not showing a projected release date, though. Apparently they've gotten fed up with being snookered.

Marianna

Last edited:
I had a reply from BBC DVD marketing telling me I should contact Universal. The rights have been subleased to them .??????

The URL given for Universal Playback on the back of the most recent boxed set leads to an invalid domain, so I did some serious digging and found that the firm seems to live exclusively on Facebook. I've registered my complaint there about the long delays in releasing the boxed sets.

Marianna

I found this which is saying December but I won't hold my breath.

That's the same type of generic date that they showed for series 25 & 26. I'm not counting on it either. For one thing, new DVDs aren't normally released on Wednesdays. If you click the Amazon link on that page, you'll find that they're not mentioning a release date for 27 & 28. Based on the scathing comments they got about the delayed release of 25 & 26, Amazon probably doesn't want any more egg on it's face.

For the moment, I'm happy that I've been able to place a confirmed order for 25 & 26, and have been given a delivery date that's as firm as that kind of thing ever can be.

Marianna

I'm signed to for emails all over the hocky so we'll be plenty notified when they decide to get their finger out.

I'm signed to for emails all over the hocky so we'll be plenty notified when they decide to get their finger out.

I was signed up for email notification for 25 & 26 from Amazon, but it didn't happen because when they finally listed it for real, they put a different ASIN on it — B00LFKIQPU. BTW, the bogus listing for that set is still up there under ASIN B0093XFAOQ. They automatically signed me up for notification for 27 & 28, and I'm not counting on hearing about that, either. As soon as I receive my 25 & 26 set, I'll start checking for the next set once a month or so.

Marianna

I have received an e-mail this morning from The Summer Wine Shop saying that series 25/26 will be released on 29th September.:dance::dance: Where is the cheapest site I can get it?

Last edited:
Back