Yorkshire Trip 2013.

I am currently sitting in sids cafe in my usual seat with a cup of tea. check out webcam i will stand by it in a bit.

I stayed in Grassington for 10 days when I was about 15. When I was there one lady working at the hotel (The Wilson Arms) said that if we wanted to see the filming, all the stars would be there. I didn't know what she was talking about but if only i'd listened I'd have seen the filming of the famous canoe scene when Mr Sallis fell out of the boat. Ah well.

Excuse me but what is a "stick of rock"?
What it is Beth , is candy that is in "stick" form. It can be up to ten inches or so long and has been around in Britain for as long as folk have been vacationing by the sea.You can get various flavours, different colours and the one thing they have in common is that the name of the resort usually runs through the centre of the stick.Blackpool,Scarborough, Cleethorpes and Bridlington etc. Please dont ask how they do this , I've seen it made on tv but so long ago I've forgotten. ??? Hope I've gone some way to explaining it. :D
Ahh I see. Sorry just saw your post. I am behind in my reading...ha ha. I wonder if they are like peppermint sticks we have here?

If last week was anything to go by. Holmfirth and the show are still so popular. The tour bus was doing a roaring trade with long queues waiting every time there was a tour. People buzzing around with their locations map. Noras was busy.
It was nice day there.

I also found some locations in slaithwaite that were used such as O Blackburns menswear shop that was used in an episode.

Keep your eyes on the webcam like I do. You can see the tour bus passing or stopping.

Back