53°34'02.6"N 1°44'09.3"W

I've just checked it out Imitation700mb and I don't think it is, the trees on the side aren't at this location but I can't be 100% sure as that episode is very old. However I would be very grateful to any members that can point out any episodes which include this plot of land, the only one I can find actually filmed on it so far is the scene in Howard Throws A Wobbler, but I'm sure there are many others.......?

I've just checked it out Imitation700mb and I don't think it is, the trees on the side aren't at this location but I can't be 100% sure as that episode is very old. However I would be very grateful to any members that can point out any episodes which include this plot of land, the only one I can find actually filmed on it so far is the scene in Howard Throws A Wobbler, but I'm sure there are many others.......?
I think a scene from Who's Feeling ejected was filmed there and the end scene of Keeping Britain Tidy

Thank you ever so much for that, yep definitely that location in both. The land now looks a lot more level than then, I'm unsure whether the rock has been excavated since then or it's just become more overgrown.

Any members please let me know if you come across anymore episodes....

Last edited:
We thought we'd pay a visit to the landed gentry today but Sir BarryC was not in residence.
View attachment 5244Top tip Barry, Intake lane is your best approach route.
Thanks Graham really appreciate the pic, yes I was probably in the West Wing dealing with the lower orders today :p

My solicitor who sorted conveyancing of the land told me Scaly Gate is now closed for at least 18 months and the Kirklees council have are formally consulting on closing access permanently and via Hirst Lane & Scar End Lane so the only access will be via Intake Lane. My new Land Rover Defender is very rugged so I'm going to try and take it down Hirst Lane (famous last words). That said I did have to abandon the journey and turn back when I took my last car down there which was a saloon.

@Graham I'm going to try and sort the gate at my earliest convenience, which is a challenge as I don't know the area or the trades there at all. However the last owner has given me a couple to try who may be able to help. But you must make sure you have a stay on that land in your lovely camper van when it's installed !

The field opposite has installed new gates.
Some lanes are now blocked with Legato (concrete) blocks. Some locals were litter picking & said the blocks were to stop 'green laning by 4x4's. A couple more pics taken today.20220712_150844.jpg20220712_143245.jpg

Thank you ever so much, I'm off there a week Saturday. Hopefully I can get a gate organised so everyone can enjoy it :)

Do you know roughly when these pictures were taken?

Thanks Terry, the middle picture has really helped me with my thoughts about where to put a gate. But to me that potentially looks the logical place, there's a big enough gap between the posts and the ground is relatively flat.

my thoughts about where to put a gate.

Hope this isn't going to turn into a Phoenix nights type situation Barry, when Roy Walker turned up and the Club Doorman wouldn't let him in with the old "I don't care if you are..... " speech so of I turn up at your new gaff [well land] and announce "It's Captain Clutterbuck" your appointed security Cooper and Walsh or whoever aren't going to retort "I don't care if you're Foggy Dewhirst you're not coming in!" :)

RW.jpg

I love that scene, when Brian Potter walks in and says 'oy, that's TV's own Roy Walker!'

I've visited a few working mens clubs in my time and the overly officious doorman is more common than you think in real life!

Back