A gathering of the " chosen few" !!!!!

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
a massive HELLO !!! to everyone in "summerwine land"......I hope you are all well !!!!
now then.....this is a plea,more than a request !!!!!
is there,or will there ever be a sort of "summerwine convention",to enable like minded souls to get together....act daft...share our love for all things "summerwine",and finally put a face to our fellow posters ???
due to our "addiction",i know the profiles of us all !!!
we are kind,considerate,well mannered individuals [YES WE ARE !!!!.....DON'T ARGUE !!!!]
you have to be a specific "type" of person to be drawn into our "special little world" !!!
a person who harks back to a time when people cared about other people,and the type of person who loves to mix with "our own sort" [i.e fellow" summerwineites",or whatever we should call ourselves !!!]
so please,i urge the people in power [god,i sound like a politician !!] to put the wheels in motion,and let's have a wonderful gathering we will remember for the rest of our lives !!!
best wishes to each and everyone !!!!
keith.
x!

Hello Keith, I know our great leader Terry has arranged to meet people at Sid's Cafe in Holmfirth and show them round, I'm sure he'll do it again at some point. :)

I know when I eventually make my trip to the mother land I would love to spend time with anyone from the site. Even if just for tea and buns at the Café. 2 to 3 years from now is my target.

On tuesday it was the 125th anniversary of the birth of Stan Laurel in Ulverston in the Lake District,as part of the celebrations to mark this,selected cinemas throughout the UK were showing Laurel and Hardy films,
I went to Meadowhall where they were showing Sons of the Desert,the first time it had been shown on a big screen,as it was meant,for 82 years,
It was really funny,and the packed cinema was laughing throughout and applauding,in Sons of the Desert Stan and Ollie want to go to an annual convention,but in true Summer Wine style their domineering wives are having none of it,but they go anyway,
Well I'm with you,and Stan and Ollie,we should have our annual convention,and we should go !
Whether our wives like it or not :)

Back