A Murder is Announced.

Well,off I went to Doncaster today really excited to see our Glenda in A Murder is Announced.
The theatre is lovely,it’s very modern and clean with a relaxing spacious bar and cafe area where I had a pint before the show.
Inside the theatre was beautiful,and the seats were comfy with lots of leg room,the set and lighting and music was just brilliant.
And here’s the BUT,I don’t know how many people in the theatre were Summer Wine fans,and I don’t know how many were there because they were Agatha Christie fans,but it was a huge BUT for me,I was crestfallen,it wouldn’t be an overstatement to say heartbroken.
In my seat,all ready,lights down,curtains start to move,and then an announcement…
”In this showing the part of Miss Marple will be played by the understudy”
Now there was no prior warning at all about this,so I just hope Sarah wasn’t taken ill at the last minute,that’s my only concern,that she’s alright.
If it was that Sarah couldn manage an afternoon and night show in the same day I’m not sure,but if so we were only told literally one second before the play started,there were no other notices up or anything,so all that matters is that Sarah is well and continues to play her part in this fab play.
The play itself was wonderful,and brilliantly acted,and the understudy was a magnificent Miss Marple,but how I would have loved to see our Glenda playing the part.
Chuffer x
View attachment 4925View attachment 4926
I'm sorry you didn't see Sarah, my wife and i saw this play in Blackpool 2019, i posted on here at the time,
Sarah was in the play and did well as Miss Marple.

Back