Advertising

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
It seems no matter what media you look at these days, they want to ruin your enjoyment with adverts, all of a sudden one of my CCTV camera's shows me an advert before I can view the camera, and any facebook video you watch after about 90 seconds they drop an advert in or drop one at the bottom of a friends post you look at, and trying to read through the google news feed and dare click on an item and bam, adverts by the dozen.

And to make sure Jeff Bezos does not run out of money the minimum order value for free delievery is gone up £10 to £35, probably to make the £95 prime deal look like better value

At least we have keep our site and forum advert free

It seems no matter what media you look at these days, they want to ruin your enjoyment with adverts, all of a sudden one of my CCTV camera's shows me an advert before I can view the camera, and any facebook video you watch after about 90 seconds they drop an advert in or drop one at the bottom of a friends post you look at, and trying to read through the google news feed and dare click on an item and bam, adverts by the dozen.

And to make sure Jeff Bezos does not run out of money the minimum order value for free delievery is gone up £10 to £35, probably to make the £95 prime deal look like better value

At least we have keep our site and forum advert free
Spotify is adverts every two songs . A premium account would stop it but I'm actually happy as it is . Now over 700 songs saved

Youtube is insane for ads now... to the point I rarely watch the whole video and give up...
Some times theres an ad 20 seconds into a movie... yet some channels have no ads, maybe the owners pay $?

Youtube is insane for ads now... to the point I rarely watch the whole video and give up...
Some times theres an ad 20 seconds into a movie... yet some channels have no ads, maybe the owners pay $?
With YouTube the creators get about 50% of the revenue from adverts. Creators can choose not to have mid-roll ads, and can also pick where they are placed. You shouldn't see a mid-roll ad on videos shorter than 8 minutes. The revenue from those ad's are helping people like me to make the videos.

Something I have noticed on the tube, is creators making fake stories to get people to click on the content, at the moment there is a vast amount of Royalty videos, that have no real content yet a clickbait headline, the other day it was the King had stepped down, the other Royal clickbait is stunning news about their health issues and of course anything to do with Harry and Meghan.
Another I have noticed is updates on the Government paying vast amounts of money into Pensioners accounts to help with cost of living etc, all total lies and they are posting this with new amounts aimed at Pensioner or folk on benefits almost on a daily basis.

I have the AdGuard ad blocker extension on my Chromebook and it blocks all YouTube ads. It also blocks ads on itvX, UKTV play and lots of other sites.

Something I have noticed on the tube, is creators making fake stories to get people to click on the content, at the moment there is a vast amount of Royalty videos, that have no real content yet a clickbait headline, the other day it was the King had stepped down, the other Royal clickbait is stunning news about their health issues and of course anything to do with Harry and Meghan.
Another I have noticed is updates on the Government paying vast amounts of money into Pensioners accounts to help with cost of living etc, all total lies and they are posting this with new amounts aimed at Pensioner or folk on benefits almost on a daily basis.
Some of those are video ads, as YouTube has recently started putting adverts in the the video lists, that look like creators videos.
yta2.jpg
The wording does include "Sponsored" but it's not as clear as a conventional ad, like a banner across the page. I nearly always click on the three dots, select "Report ad" and then "It violates Google policies", then "It’s misleading or a scam" ... then after submitting: "Block ad" ... It's a little effort, but, eventually, they might get the message.

With YouTube the creators get about 50% of the revenue from adverts. Creators can choose not to have mid-roll ads, and can also pick where they are placed. You shouldn't see a mid-roll ad on videos shorter than 8 minutes. The revenue from those ad's are helping people like me to make the videos.
I agree Leigh, and I always make a point of turning off my Ad block when I watch your videos. I even watch the ads in full rather than skipping as that helps the revenue further! Have you thought about giving fans early access to your next video if they 'buy you a coffee' donation ?

The revenue from those ad's are helping people like me to make the videos.
But people who are just uploading movies/TV series pretty much have no outlays.
This is what is killing peoples interest in Youtube. And people uploading movies that have no outlays and make good income from just posting a movie they stripped from a DVD. Look at some of the channels doing 1940-60's movies - 100ks views in weeks

Anybody remember regular TV? Yes, the commercial (advert) breaks keep on getting longer and longer with longer and longer commercials (adverts). Those on certain channels are loaded with commercials (adverts) concerning dentures, insurance, wills, health plans and Medicare. Many of those Medicare commercials (adverts) feature large fonts, large graphics with lots of red, and the telephone number repeated and displayed numerous times. For your information, Medicare is a government program for, you guessed it, the old folks.

Last time I watched ITV they had the advert break, then the show itself was a sponsored advert, I recall the good old days, when in a 1 hour show you had just one break halfway through, then it went to two breaks, then three and I dread to think how many there is now.

These days the two hour shows with the the ads taken out is down to 90 minutes, the one hour reality, documentary, police show is down to 40 minutes but they also manage to spend five minutes telling you what your going to see this week and at the end what's in the next episode, so a one hour show is down to 35 minutes of content.

Back