An Early Fab Five

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
I am currently viewing season five through my cable PBS channel. Maybe this is a bit of a reach and perhaps I am overlooking the earlier seasons, but is this the first time Foggy, Compo, Clegg, Wally, and Sid really spent time together? They were together at the end of Deep in the Heart of Yorkshire, but actually teamed up together for a decent period of time in Here We Go Again into the Wild Blue Yonder. Was that really the first time all 5 were together? I really enjoyed the comradery with their 5 different personalities.

I may be overreaching, but did the union of this larger group lead to the direction of the larger cast; when they eventually added the likes of the Pegdens, Howard, Pearl, Marina, etc.

Or was the larger cast made to create fresh storylines?

Just curious.

I actually watched this one myself yesterday, I believe it's the beginning of a shout period seeing all 5 together, I really wish they'd been more, I think the 5 of them together was brilliant. I'd loved to have seen more. I can think of several more scenes together like in the cafe in Tight Jean's and Metal Detector, also Bycical Made for Three. It wasn't to long after that that we first saw Howard added to the mix so maybe it was the beginning. I think it was a period in the show, I really love that era.

I actually watched this one myself yesterday, I believe it's the beginning of a shout period seeing all 5 together, I really wish they'd been more, I think the 5 of them together was brilliant. I'd loved to have seen more. I can think of several more scenes together like in the cafe in Tight Jean's and Metal Detector, also Bycical Made for Three. It wasn't to long after that that we first saw Howard added to the mix so maybe it was the beginning. I think it was a period in the show, I really love that era.

It wasn't until just recently that I really appreciated the earliest years. I am a little forgetful with Series 6 and 7 so I look forward to viewing them again. I always thought of Series 8 as a real classic with Mysterious Feet and Keeping Britain Tidy.

I do enjoy the times they had the guys Fab Five together. Also enjoy the ladies Fab Five when they have their tea time and outings.

I do enjoy the times they had the guys Fab Five together. Also enjoy the ladies Fab Five when they have their tea time and outings.
The ladies were just as great as the guys at times, some, very much like my late grandmothers.

It seems like Here We Go Again Into the Wild Blue Yonder is really the first time a group as large as 5 joined together.

I am currently viewing season five through my cable PBS channel. Maybe this is a bit of a reach and perhaps I am overlooking the earlier seasons, but is this the first time Foggy, Compo, Clegg, Wally, and Sid really spent time together? They were together at the end of Deep in the Heart of Yorkshire, but actually teamed up together for a decent period of time in Here We Go Again into the Wild Blue Yonder. Was that really the first time all 5 were together? I really enjoyed the comradery with their 5 different personalities.

I may be overreaching, but did the union of this larger group lead to the direction of the larger cast; when they eventually added the likes of the Pegdens, Howard, Pearl, Marina, etc.

Or was the larger cast made to create fresh storylines?

Just curious.
Yep, when they were lying in the grass and chatting and ignoring Compo hanging in the tree. And right before that the scene, a man was reading a magazine about a hanging tree and then he looks up and sees the five trudging towards that exact tree. He can't believe his eyes and he has to do something to calm himself. He starts to polish his car. All wonderful!

And according to the credits, they apparently used four stuntmen to film this episode.

Back