Annoying edits

summerwinefan

Is it just me, I get fed up with noticing bits of the shows that have been chopped off. The pattern of editing items out of the episodes. You would not notice if you have not seen the episode many times before. It stands out like a sore digit.

I have noticed it in the past in an episode with Clegg and Howard when reference is made to a little nazi surrendering. I noticed today in the "Certain Smile" episode outside the hospital and it was in yesterdays " Treasure of the deep".

It usually is around Compos hand gestures.

Any other episodes people have spotted this, lets have a little competition.

:D

what you have to think nowadays is we live in a politically correct society and there are occasional moments from summer wine that wouldn't be allowed now, Compo's hand gestures are obvious ones and the early episodes with more colourful language might also be cut now and in "Jaws" in the workshop when theres the topless calendar which now is covered when on GOLD and yesterday, basically if the show is shown before the watershed on tv now there is going to be bits that are edited out or covered up, it's thanks to society nowadays and no other reason why do you think now on GOLD if you look at the schedule after 9 its mostly the more rude comedys on at that time such as Men Behaving Badly, Absolutely Fabulous and Mrs Brown Boys are shown where as before 9 you get the family friendly comedys where there are only a few scenes that might need cutting but there basically harmless fun

Back