Anyone notice that Nora almost laughed

In the episode, In The Service of Humanity, after releasing Nora from being trapped under the bed, the bed falls apart and the guys run out of the bedroom. When Wally tries to follow but Nora blocks him and says " I havn't finished with you yet" Its while shouting this that she appears to almost laugh and seems to have a slight facial expression of the beginning of a laugh.

Yes I have noticed that, she also does it in the Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty too, when she's pushing Wally out the door. ;D

i thinks she almost laughed when being chased by compo in the alleyway in mending stuarts leg but of course i could be lying

I was about to mention Mending Stuart's Leg. When Compo was chasing her around she was giggling like a schoolgirl if I remember rightly!

Yes she was but I think that was part of the script were as the others were not.
It showed Kathy Staff had fun filming :D

I dont know about Norah laughing, I think most of the cast had fun filming. Just watch Peter Sallis at some of Compo's escapades.The camera catches genuine amusement at times ;)

I don't recall which episodes but I believe there were a handful that often ended with Nora pouring water on Compo from her window, etc. I believe a few times the show ended with a camera shot of her chuckling.

I love to catch the cast smiling or trying to hide it! Yes, you can often spot it with Peter Sallis and also with Brian Wilde, Bill Owen is harder to spot. With Peter I notice it sometimes just before the shot is finished and there is a cut, as if he could only just hold it until then and then started grinning. The camera sometimes catches this fraction of a second, often when Compo slaps Cleggy´s flat cap down or something like that. I know about productions of other things when they either had to pause for a moment or throw him out for giggling ;D.

I have noticed Jane Freeman(Ivy)having a few unscripted smiles,usually when she is giving poor Sid a hard time.Its nice to see that they are having fun and enjoying what they are doing. ;D

Hector

Foggy is often seen laughing too at Compo's difficulties. This was probably in the script to have him laughing, but it still makes the scene funnier to see Foggy laugh, since he's usually the serious one.

Yesterday in The Thing In Wesleys shed at the end Nora actualy smiled when Compo drove into the pond.

If you look closely you can often see Brian Wilde smiling a bit while one of the others delivers a line. Jane Freeman as well, very often indeed and I love that! Sometimes it´s close to a real giggle, more than a smile, and the same counts for Peter Sallis. I know he is a giggler anyway, I heard he even had to be thrown out of rehearsals for plays or other productions every now and again because he couldn´t stop :D. Ivy is at her best in Scarborough when she is reading that magazine and starts a discussion with Sid, this gets me everytime, she can hardly stifle her laugh!

Totally agree ****,thats the very first time i spotted Ivy supressing the giggles,when she gave poor old Sid a dig in the ribs with that magazine.Two great episodes as well ;D

Hector.

Totally agree ****,thats the very first time i spotted Ivy supressing the giggles,when she gave poor old Sid a dig in the ribs with that magazine.Two great episodes as well ;D

Hector.

Yes the Scarfborough scene with Sii and Ivy are very revealing about them ....

Now I'm curious to see this Ivy episode referred to as Scarborough. What is the actual title of this episode? I'd like to look at it again once I know which to look at.
Thanks!

Now I'm curious to see this Ivy episode referred to as Scarborough. What is the actual title of this episode? I'd like to look at it again once I know which to look at.
Thanks!
The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper! followed by Cheering up Gordon. ;)

Great episode and the companion one of them journeying there was equaly geat ,Ivy must have had great difficulty controling herself surprised Sid didnt laugh as well.

Once I go through a series, I go through again and look at people in the
background.....I've seen more than a few people with smiles as though
they're amused at what's going on.

Back