Are there Any American Actors........

But it seems most the dead ones would be worth having like:

Red Skelton
William Frawley
Carol Burnett

Nobody has offered - W.C. Fields !
Then I thought of the Marx Brothers..... but hey..... they are already in a way, an equivalent to Foggy, Compo and Clegg.

Nobody has offered - W.C. Fields !
Then I thought of the Marx Brothers..... but hey..... they are already in a way, an equivalent to Foggy, Compo and Clegg.
Danny DeVito as Compo.
lol Perfect :)

It seems as if this question can be viewed in different ways. 1. any American Actors that would make a good lead character (one of the trio) 2. any that would make a good extra (Eli, Wesley, Wally, Smiler, etc.), or, 3. the way I interpret it, any that would make a good guest.

Danny DeVito would be perfect, but i don't want him to "replace" anyone. I absolutely love WC Fields, but he is a bit of a grumpy loner for a affectionate show. As for the Marx Brothers, Chico and Harpo would compliment that cast. I love Groucho, but with his personality he could only be a lead guy.

I grew up in the states in the 1980's but my Dad made sure to expose me to two types of comedies, classic American from the 30's (3 Stooges, WC Fields, Marx Brothers) and 70's British (Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill). Although I could never get into Benny Hill.

I've been thinking alone the lines of guests, I'm not sure the Marks Brothers would have fitted well in Summer Wine, I think they are two completly differant comedys. I'm not sure the Marks Brothers would have understood the dry humor of Summer Wine.
Although Summer wine had some physical humor in it I don't see it has the same physical humor has the Marks Brothers, I think American comedy and British are totally differant and I can't think of any examples were they mixed well. If anyone knows of a mixture that went well then please let me know has it would be interesting to see.

I've been thinking alone the lines of guests, I'm not sure the Marks Brothers would have fitted well in Summer Wine, I think they are two completly differant comedys. I'm not sure the Marks Brothers would have understood the dry humor of Summer Wine.
Although Summer wine had some physical humor in it I don't see it has the same physical humor has the Marks Brothers, I think American comedy and British are totally differant and I can't think of any examples were they mixed well. If anyone knows of a mixture that went well then please let me know has it would be interesting to see.

Although some of the later Summer Wine consists of physical humor. For Harpo and Chico to be extras like Eli, or guests doesn't seem too stretched. Also, some of their comedy was dialogue driven. Again, I wouldn't think of them as main characters, but more as silly guests that would compliment and not dominate the show.

Although some of the later Summer Wine consists of physical humor. For Harpo and Chico to be extras like Eli, or guests doesn't seem too stretched. Also, some of their comedy was dialogue driven. Again, I wouldn't think of them as main characters, but more as silly guests that would compliment and not dominate the show.
[/quote]
It would have been interresting see how they would have reacted to each other. :)

I think Dick Van Dyke would have fitted in quite well, providing he didn't adopt that horrendous Cockernee accent he used in Mary Poppins. Grumpy

Back