Auf wiedersehen Pet

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering what other people on the forum thought of Auf wiedersehen Pet.I think its always a mark of quality when you continue to enjoy a series despite having seen it many times, a lot like Summer Wine.This show first brought to our screens wonderfully talented actors like Timothy Spall, Jimmy Nail, Tim Healy and Kevin Whately. Add to this brilliant comedy script writing interspersed with some serious,sad and emotional moments along the way the result is some remarkable and memorable television.

i think its a fantastic show, i love watching it, such a shame the classic show ended in the way it did but i understand why, i liked it when it came back but the cuban series was a bit of a dissapointment, again its a shame it ended the way it did again with another death but cant be helped, could have been a good long running drama

As I've stated previously,being a Geordie,I cannot stand the accent and avoid anything that has it in.

ah george, know what you mean, spent over four years in newcastle and loved it and still my favourite accent, and have friends still and can tell the vageries of the accent north and south of the river and to the east...nevertheless i loved the original series in dusseldorf and accepted the weaknesses in all the accents...and i agree that it was never the same when it went to spain and back to england again.

The ones that were on in the eighties were better than the comeback episodes as some one put it introduced us to the likes of Tim spall and Jimmy although my favourite was always Neville played by Kevin Wheatley. Both the early series were good although over shadowed near the end by the Suicide of Gary Holton who played Wayne. Overall a great British drama that still stands the test of time unlike some of the dramas now.

The ones that were on in the eighties were better than the comeback episodes as some one put it introduced us to the likes of Tim spall and Jimmy although my favourite was always Neville played by Kevin Wheatley. Both the early series were good although over shadowed near the end by the Suicide of Gary Holton who played Wayne. Overall a great British drama that still stands the test of time unlike some of the dramas now.

i never knew it was suicide amos, i always thought it was all the drink and drugs that he had over his life that caused his death, there was a drama connections show on bbc a few years ago and it wasnt mentioned as suicide on there

i never knew it was suicide amos, i always thought it was all the drink and drugs that he had over his life that caused his death, there was a drama connections show on bbc a few years ago and it wasnt mentioned as suicide on there

Same thing really if you die by taking all that lot you are killing your self surely no one makes you take it. >:(

Same thing really if you die by taking all that lot you are killing your self surely no one makes you take it. >:(

ok i see what you mean now, im sure a lot of people would disagree with what your saying but i understand what you mean

As I've stated previously,being a Geordie,I cannot stand the accent and avoid anything that has it in.

I love it George. I was born down here in Surrey, but the majority of my relatives are from Jarrow. My husbands says that when we go up there as soon as we get past Doncaster my accent changes.

I just Googled Jimmy Nail to see where he was from as I thought his accent was very authentic. Pleased to see that he`s a Newcastle man.

I have just the record for you George - I can hardly understand it. Entitled "A Pitman bathing" a humorous recitation by Mr Eric Foster on the Tyneside label; the disc belonged to my Great grandfather and as he had disappeared by 1914 I know the record is prior to that date.

I would copy it but my 78 rpm players are not geared up to produce a signal output for recording onto a CD. I am still looking for a record deck with four speeds like the old Garrard SP25 which would connect through the hifi connections.

Back