BBC 4 To show The secret birthday of Norman clegg on 2nd february

Thomas95

Dedicated Member
BBC 4 are showing The secret birthday of norman clegg on the 2nd Februaryat 8pm and wallace and grommit is on after this is due to the fact that peter sallis would have been 100 on the 1st ,i dont think BBC have shown an episode on a main station since the show ended it will be nice to see an episode without adverts interrupting

BBC 4 are showing The secret birthday of norman clegg on the 2nd Februaryat 8pm and wallace and grommit is on after this is due to the fact that peter sallis would have been 100 on the 1st ,i dont think BBC have shown an episode on a main station since the show ended it will be nice to see an episode without adverts interrupting
Thanks for the info Thomas. Good to hear that the BBC are remembering him.

Thank you for the information Thomas , its an appropriate episode in terms of the analogy with Birthdays and its great to see Cleggy panicking not only with the threat of people knowing its his Birthday but also being in such close proximity to Marina which also triggers Howard's disconsolate demeanour when he believes Marina has been unfaithful but without trying to show his feelings about it to Pearl . :)

Thanks for the info Thomas, I'm amazed they're showing that episode as I think it's one of the very few poor episodes RC wrote for the series. Still a a below par LOTSW episode is still better than some of the PC tripe they make these days......

It's curious that something like Fleabag gets lauded but SW is almost seen by the Beeb as an embarrassment. It's not that Fleabag is PC, rather it's just an awful show.

Last edited:
Did the continuity announcement mention Peter? I unfortunately missed this on BBC4 and iPlayer doesn’t come with the continuity announcements unfortunatel.

Did the continuity announcement mention Peter? I unfortunately missed this on BBC4 and iPlayer doesn’t come with the continuity announcements unfortunatel.
Sorry Howard I can't help you but I am certain that some of the experts will be able to let you know.
Welcome to Summer Wine and please give Nora a big sloppy kiss from me. Peri.

Back