Best ever 'Last of the Summer Wine' Series Poll.

R.STEED

I think the best and funniest was series 12 of 1990. It's actually being shown now on the Yesterday channel.
Richard Steed

This is a tough one mate, I'd probably say 6 and 8, but it takes some thinking about!

I've gone for 10 and 11 even though Seymour grated on my nerves at first!!

i've gone for series 12 as well, some very funny episodes

This is an oft-repeated debate.

Merry Christmas Father Christmas was first shown in December 1986, and series 9 was shown in early 1987. The copyright is 1986 I think.

There is a lot of data out there that suggests otherwise, but it's wrong.

This is an oft-repeated debate.

Merry Christmas Father Christmas was first shown in December 1986, and series 9 was shown in early 1987. The copyright is 1986 I think.

There is a lot of data out there that suggests otherwise, but it's wrong.
yep had discussion about it in old forum didnt we ws ;)

I would have to spend a few hours contemplating the answer t this one! Since I don't have that amount of time I can't give a definite answer.

I will say it is worth cherishing the few seasons Truly, Clegg, and Compo were together.

Also, I can't put my finger on just one season but approx. 2002-2005 was a good time. I enjoyed being in the company of all the extra's (Enwhistle, Tom, Smiler, Wesley, Eli, etc. Maybe I would select the final years of Wesley and Eli. Towards the latter half of that decade, age finally seemed to catch up with Sallis and Thornton as there roles began to slightly decrease.

Series 19 for me, as it features Eli as Aunty's delivery man, which is hilarious. I like Smiler in this series as well, helping Aunty and testing her products. Also the start of Truly's half-hour episodes.

Back