Brian Murphy (Alvin Smedley) is 90 Today

Eva's Back in Town is another good one with Alvin.

Ok hands up its a fair cop , it starred one of my earliest crushes Shirley Anne Field admired her ever since I first saw Saturday Night Sunday Morning . Such an iconic film and the cast is smattered with LOTSW stalwarts and guests, Norman Rossington [who we saw in that great video on TPTV encore about LOTSW the other day] plus Jack Smethurst and Cleggy but both were unaccredited Jack was a waiter and Peter "Man in a Suit"

one of my earliest crushes Shirley Anne Field admired her ever since I first saw Saturday Night Sunday

Eva sure gave the town--and probably some of the viewers-- a real jolt! Her line about how she hangs up lingerie is the best line in the episode!

Field reminds me of another British actress, the tragic Belinda Lee. I saw Lee in the film A Secret Place (1956). What a shame Belinda left us far too soon (she died in a 1961 car accident).
5A430294-4076-4750-811D-6D83BF964505.png

Some news on Brian Murphy . I am on the mailing list for Talking Pictures and they are hosting a nostalgic Film Festival in March at Alban Arena in St Albans . The Festival is to be opened by Brian and his wife Linda Regan [April in Hi De Hi] the link to the description is below and I have attached the poster . I just thought if anyone was in the area it might be a great opportunity to go and see Brian plus the others booked to attend.

film.jpg

Back