Brown or Red sauce

Veggie bacon roll......How Dare you sir! Hand in your notice IMMEDIATELY! For what activity you ask.... EVERYTHING! A Veggie substitute ANYTHING is an abomination!!

Oh Yes....and for Bacon roll my choice is not red its TOMATO! I find Non denominational Houses of Parliament sauce a little to spicy on its own....fine in stews and some soups though! I know others disagree and that's fine. Everyone's tastes are different. SWMBO and I often disagree on food. We can AGREE that a food is bad .....but for completely different and opposite reasons. I remember something we bought once and we both hated it and threw it away, she because it was too bland, me because it was too spicy! LOL

Tobasco for Bloody Mary, au natural or Worcestershire for everything else. Sometimes low sodium soy sauce to break up the monotony. Toasted sesame oil for steak-cut Ahi Tuna.

Brown sauce was regularly served over mystery meat in the school cafeteria, perhaps to hide the flavor of the meat, what ever it was. I think the brown sauce was a derivative of some watered down, low cost copy cat of A1 steak sauce. Although my youthful but indiscriminate appetite forced me to eat it, I never acquired a taste for it.

Back