Can You Spot Gordon???

The guy with the pipe wrench kinda looks like Gordon Simmonite.

If so sure hope he gets some royalties or something. Youtube show the video at 1.6 Billion views. No idea how many times it shown on MTV or even TV.

Ha, that was a wild guess. Thankfully he is less nefarious in Summer Wine. Can't say I would have made the connection without your post.

As often as that video was shown I wonder if many people asked him if he was the guy from the A-Ha video.

@wstol Pause the video about 2:52. He is the bad guy with the helmet, goggles and pipe wrench. Not the bad guy with the #13 on his helmet. Don't think they show a real life picture of him. Just the hand drawn style. After seeing the face again it should click with you who he is.

2:14 is another good one of him. There is another but I lost it.

Yes, that is actually him. A technique called Rotoscoping was used were they draw / trace animation over live action video /film. They drew over several thousand frames to make the video.

imdb has Philip credited

Only recently dug into this, very interesting.

Yes, that is actually him. A technique called Rotoscoping was used were they draw / trace animation over live action video /film. They drew over several thousand frames to make the video.

imdb has Philip credited

Only recently dug into this, very interesting.
Cheers for that information Rick. Never heard of Rotoscopping. Amazing.

A cool thing about the rotoscoping effect is that it gives the hand drawn 'cartoon part' a more natural, fluid movement of the characters versus original cartoon style animating like Bugs Bunny, etc. Because it is essentially natural human movement - just drawn over top of.

A cool thing about the rotoscoping effect is that it gives the hand drawn 'cartoon part' a more natural, fluid movement of the characters versus original cartoon style animating like Bugs Bunny, etc. Because it is essentially natural human movement - just drawn over top of.
Absolutely. The skill and patience involved is pretty amazing too. Every.....single.....frame WOW :oops:

Back