Carry on films

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Are there any Carry on film fans out there.I know these films arnt to everybodys taste but they make me laugh.What is your favourite

My top 3

Carry on Cabby
Carry on Girls
Carry on Camping.

I didn't really like Carry on Columbus when it came out its just not the same without the classic cast of which sadly there is not many left,There was supposed to be another new one coming out called Carry on London but i havent heard any more about it.

Yeah me mate. I loved the first 6 in black and white, Spying, Teacher and Constable were my favourites.
At your convenience was one I liked years later, Camping and Girls were good also as you mentioned.
Our own Bill Owen was in the very first one, Carry On Sergeant.

Yeah me mate. I loved the first 6 in black and white, Spying, Teacher and Constable were my favourites.
At your convenience was one I liked years later, Camping and Girls were good also as you mentioned.

Of course he was i'd forgotton about that,I recall seeing carry on sergeant on gold a little while ago.

Of course he was i'd forgotton about that,I recall seeing carry on sergeant on gold a little while ago.

It was pretty good mate, Bob Monkhouse was in it aswell.
I always wanted Bob to make a cameo appearance in Summer Wine.

My own choices would be

Carry on at your convenience
Carryon Camping
Carryon Doctor

Hector

Bill was also in CO Nurse,Regardless and Cabby.I liked the series up to Cabby,the early ones seemed more innocent somehow

Bill was also in CO Nurse,Regardless and Cabby.I liked the series up to Cabby,the early ones seemed more innocent somehow

Yes the earlier ones were better but the later ones still managed to make me smile
although most of the jokes were similar.

Carry On Screaming is quite good, with Frank Thornton.

Brian Wilde is in Carry On Doctor; he also filmed a scene for Carry On Henry, but it hit the cutting room floor.

Carry On Up The Khyber is one of the best, so is Carry On Abroad.

Carry On Screaming is quite good, with Frank Thornton.

Brian Wilde is in Carry On Doctor; he also filmed a scene for Carry On Henry, but it hit the cutting room floor.

Carry On Up The Khyber is one of the best, so is Carry On Abroad.

Carry On Abroad. Good shout that man. I was trying to think of that the other night. 'Ells Bells. Kenny Williams as Stupid Farqihar!

Best line-Carry On Don't Lose Your Head,Charles Hawtrey(I think),to a messenger as he is due to be beheaded:'Put the note in the basket I'll read it later' ;D

Carry On Camping
Carry On Doctor
Carry On Don't Lose Your Head

I have all 28 films. A very big fan of them.

Carry on Camping

Carry on at your convienence

But it is ot fair to mention some names as I love them all. |one of the first ones in Black and white had Compo in it. But at the moment I can't remember which one. It could be the one about the taxi drivers.

Did not realise Bill Owen was in four of the early Carry Ons. Only remembered him as the Corporal in "Carry on Sergeant".

If I had to select favourites they would probably be "Up the Khyber" and "Cleo", the latter mainly for a certain Amanda Barrie scene. And Compo's Thursday, Liz Fraser, was always enjoyable to watch. Hard to believe she is over eighty now.

Back