Cleggy getting more frail

Yes I didn't answer that very well. It is very hard to see Peter is in frail health. My thoughts and prayers go out to him.

I just read that Peter Sallis died. I've been gone for quite a while so was surprised.
Can anyone verify if this is truth?

I just read that Peter Sallis died. I've been gone for quite a while so was surprised.
Can anyone verify if this is truth?

Where did you read that? I googled the heck out of it and couldn't find anything. If it's true, I'm gonna cry. But yeah, someone needs to find out for sure.

I googled his name and all this info about his obit and death came up stating his
death was simply caused by old age!

Not heard anything about Peter. The only death in the news is Blackadder actress Patsty Byrne who played Nursie.

One of the sites was Wikipedia. Just type in his name in a search engine.
You know, maybe I misspelled his name or something. I'm confused now.

Caution, random post that has only a little bit to do with the topic!

Does anyone know if Jean Fergusson (Marina) is still alive? And what's up with her anyway? I googled her once and next to nothing came up. Has she done things other than playing Marina? What about her life? Is she married? Does she have kids? I'm not a psycho, I'm just curious. LOL

Caution, random post that has only a little bit to do with the topic!

Does anyone know if Jean Fergusson (Marina) is still alive? And what's up with her anyway? I googled her once and next to nothing came up. Has she done things other than playing Marina? What about her life? Is she married? Does she have kids? I'm not a psycho, I'm just curious. LOL

She is still alive but not sure what she's doing now.

Just found this you might like http://www.britishtheatreguide.info/otherresources/interviews/JeanFergusson.htm

Last edited:
One of the sites was Wikipedia. Just type in his name in a search engine.
You know, maybe I misspelled his name or something. I'm confused now.

Is it possible you Googled Peter Sellars? He died ages ago.

Peter Sallis is still kicking bless him :)

She seems to be another one, like Jane Freeman, who has managed to keep her private life private. Jean will be 70 in December, but as long as she's well that's no reason to stop working.

A bit about her teen years - she was a student at Wakefield Girls' High School and apparently is still celebrated there. One of my friends, who is about Jean's age, taught there until she retired and brings up that connection any time I mention Last of the Summer Wine.

Marianna

Thanks for the info ya'll! I didn't know she did other stuff. That's pretty cool. :) And I think it's really funny that my mom says I'm Marina's twin and now I find out that her birthday is also in December. I have to tell my mom that! She's gonna laugh at me! LOL :)

You know, Pearl, knowing me it's possible I did type in Peter Sellers! I'm so
sorry for starting such a vicious rumor! :(

Back