Compo's raincoat.

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone notice in 'The Black Widow' Compo and Foggy walking to Clegg's house, they stop and talk with Ely and Compo is dressed as usual, yet when he arrives at Clegg's door he has his green raincoat on ???

Did anyone notice in 'The Black Widow' Compo and Foggy walking to Clegg's house, they stop and talk with Ely and Compo is dressed as usual, yet when he arrives at Clegg's door he has his green raincoat on ???

That's happened a couple of times.

Now I see it that you brought it to our attention! Good eye John. :smile:

Not sure where he kept it , but part way through the episode you see him unwrap it and put it on? :whisper:

I hadn't noticed it before but watched it carefully this time. He goes back and forth with it on then off several times. You can tell which days they shot which scenes. You can see some days the pavement is wet so I'm sure it was needed then. They probably shot several scenes before the rain came, then had to do something to explain the two different wardrobes.

When he comes out of Auntie Wainwright's shop, he pulls the raincoat out of his jacket under the right lapel. He unfolds it and puts it on. I would think that was done deliberately to explain the different dress in different scenes. It was not under the lapel of his jacket when he started out for the day nor was it under his jacket when he opened the door to go into Auntie's shop. It is obviously under his jacket, when he steps inside the shop (a studio shot).

He had it on when he went into Clegg's house and when he came out, but doesn't have it on in the house (another studio shot). They did put a jacket of some kind on the stair post which would account for him not wearing it in the house.

I'd say it was one of those times they caught the discrepancy and did what they could outside of re-shooting scenes.

I recall a few years back,it rained so hard for several days they could not film at all,they spent two days holed up in a hall in Marsden going over their lines.

Just prior to these rains coming they had moved the Holmfirth base camp to the camp site just outside Holmfirth,once the rains came the place got so bogged down and muddy they had to evacuate everything to solid ground

And just to show how popular Marsden was for filming, I wandered over one Sunday to check a few things out as I knew filming was due to start, when I came across a crew filming just around the corner from Aunties,I was shocked as I thought they had started earlier than planned,it then became clear this was a totally different crew and they were filming for the TV show "Where the Heart is" and they were running late due to previous bad weather

Back