Compo's V Sign

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Compo was fond of using the V sign is several episodes, can you name other cast/episodes who used the sign in the show, to be honest I can only recall one other at this time

I could be wrong but didn't the painter (Derek Ware) that appeared in a couple of episodes flash a V sign? I'm thinking of the guy that was on the bike in "Keeping Britain Tidy" and then Seymour also messed with in "Uncle of the Bride." (As an aside, Ware was an actor and stuntman with plenty of credits in the latter field.)

What happened to the good old fashioned V sign?

People seem to do this one finger nonsense now...

Same sign different show used many times in Porridge love the scene after Fletcher has returned from his compassionate weekend [which of course is a con to have weekend out of clink] and Mackay is talking to Barraclough with the latter stating he's seen a change in Fletcher with Mackay saying yes he's not so cocky now . He then turns to look through the spyhole on Fletcher's cell and there is Norman Stanley lying on his bunk reading the People holding it with the infamous two fingers on show to anyone looking.

Screenshot (5).png

When Seymour was attempting to remove Compo's Santa beard with some solvent at Cleggy's house [CRUMS] after already cutting it in the cafe
Compo "flicks the V's" infront of Cleggy's face........Cleggy looks at them and exclaims "OH..FISHY FINGERS"

Back