Contemplating custom plate

Time for renewal so might put one of these on the car. Would like to know what your preference is.

Votes: 1 25.0%

Votes: 3 75.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
To paraphrase Blamire regarding the second plate and Compos faith. The subtext should read “In the National Assistance We Trust”. That’s the one I’d choose !!
I agree I can't see any British number plates having any form of religious slogans on them, it would have to be something that reflected our dry sarcastic sense of humour.

Varies but about $64 USD first year. A little less to renew.
Customizing one of the specialty plates brings it down to $51 it seems. It's an expensive vanity plate (some U.S. states are cheaper) to be sure.
That's really interesting, it sounds like you lease them off your local state driving office. I've bought a couple of private plates myself. Here in the UK you buy your private registration outright (which are known as cherished plates) you can either buy them at issue from the Driving & Vehicle Licensing Authority or get them on the secondary market. However once you've paid a small administrative fee to transfer the paperwork to your name you own them for life or until you sell them on again. They vary in price from a few hundred pounds to several hundred thousand pounds for really sought after numbers, ie 1 JS, 1 SB etc.

Rumour has it Terry owns both 1 TB & TB 1........

I agree I can't see any British number plates having any form of religious slogans on them, it would have to be something that reflected our dry sarcastic sense of humour.
States that include religious slogans don't give us a choice about it. Nor does the Federal government about the religious slogan on US currency.

My father in law back in the 80s had a regeneration number beginning with BBC and he was offered money for it. We have a man 2 doors down who has had about 5 cars with the same number plate. Not really something I'd have thought about before but now Terry has mentioned Bog Off I wouldn't mind seeing if it gets past a police camera scott free but having said that my son in law is police officer and I'd pull me up just for the bragging rights.

My father in law back in the 80s had a regeneration number beginning with BBC and he was offered money for it. We have a man 2 doors down who has had about 5 cars with the same number plate. Not really something I'd have thought about before but now Terry has mentioned Bog Off I wouldn't mind seeing if it gets past a police camera scott free but having said that my son in law is police officer and I'd pull me up just for the bragging rights.
The DVLA does actually screen out plates which could be classed as offensive. That said Steve Coogan owns or did own the plate PEN 1S so their filters aren't infallible. o_O

Back