COVID Vaccine.

I'm 21 years old, I've had my first vaccine, should get my 2nd in a few weeks time. Waiting for the doctors to send me my next appointment, I've seen first hand how covid can be as my nan and grandad got it, unfortunately my nan didn't make it.
So sorry to hear that, its been devastating for so many people and theres still so many not taking it seriously. Well done for getting vaccinated and my deepest sympathy for your loss.

Whatever next !! Incentives to be offered for those "poor little babas" or young people as they are referred to in the Press to encourage them to have the jab as the big stick approach is failing, so free Uber taxi rides or free slices of Pizza if they take up the jab. To even it up then when we "old uns/blue rinse brigade " or Senior Citizens as we are referred to in the Press have to have a Booster in Autumn then will we be offered a free sweet sherry in Wetherspoons or a free toasted teacake with butter [jam is extra] in M & S .
Hear, Hear CC. This was discussed on Jeremy Vine last week and the overwhelming opinion was if you incentivise doing what all good citizens should do you'll end up with people stalling so they can get their rewards....

I'm 21 years old, I've had my first vaccine, should get my 2nd in a few weeks time. Waiting for the doctors to send me my next appointment, I've seen first hand how covid can be as my nan and grandad got it, unfortunately my nan didn't make it.

So So sorry to hear about your very sad loss Kall . I am sure you will remain strong for your Grandad whilst hurting inside but I'm sure you will get some comfort from remembering happier times you spent with you Nan.

Here in the States, it's the large groups of COVID-deniers and vaccine skeptics. The deniers are still claiming the the pandemic is a government hoax, right up to the point where they're in hospital dying of it, and insisting that the physician not put COVID-19 on their death certificate. The skeptics are still trying to claim that the vaccine is untested, despite the number of people who have had both doses, who did not have a serious reaction, and who, when exposed to an overwhelming Delta variant viral load, tested positive but either had no symptoms or had only minor ones.

In both cases, the challenge is penetrating the sand that all those heads are buried in! Rewards just don't cut it.

So they've started vaccinating kids, one of my twin grandsons has epilepsy so was offered it, my daughter took the other one on the off chance and he was given one too, that's 5 grandkids down and 2 to go. They took it like troopers and went shopping for comics and Lego after.

Thanks everyone.

I am due my 2nd jab on the 31st August. My sister is now eligible and getting it, she's 16. I told her to get the jab as soon as possible.

Here in the US, a booster injection of the Moderna or the Pfizer vaccine has been approved for anyone who had their second dose at least 8 months ago. As expected, immunity wanes over time, and because the Delta variant is so highly transmissible, immunity needs to be kept at the maximum.

My booster will be due in October. Fingers crossed that finding a supplier with an available appointment is less hassle than that process was for the original injections.

The J&J vaccine isn't yet included because it was approved for use much later than the two mRNA vaccines.

Not my text, copied from social media.
"You are not vaccinated, I respect your choice, (provided you don't invade my space and adversely impact me or persons important to me);
I am vaccinated, respect my choice ...
I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:
* To not die from Covid-19.
* To NOT clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.
* To hug my loved ones (vaccinated).
* To Not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go to a dance, go to a restaurant, go on vacation and many more things to come ...
* To live my life.
* To have my kids go back to school and play sports.
* For Covid-19 to be an old memory.
* To protect us.
On the other hand, no, I don't know what's in it - neither in this vaccine, the ones I had as a child, nor in the Big Mac, or in hot dogs, or in other treatments, whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for polyarthritis, vaccines for infants or children.
I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Tylenol, or other meds, it just cures my headaches, my pains ...
I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos.
In short ...
There's a lot of things I don't know.
I just know one thing: life is short, very short, so I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying cloistered at home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear, find a little feeling of life "before".
As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, rubella, polio, chicken pox, yellow fever and a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of said diseases ... just saying."

[QUOTE="As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, rubella, polio, chicken pox, yellow fever and a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of said diseases ... just saying."
[/QUOTE]
This was written by someone either much younger than I am (77 years old), or who caught up on the infant vaccines later in life! I was in one of the first groups of children vaccinated with the Salk polio vaccine (1955), and have been grateful for it ever since, especially when I've dealt with contemporaries who had polio in the 1954 epidemic, and who now suffer the debilitating effects of post-polio syndrome. The vaccines to prevent mumps, measles, rubella, chicken pox, and pertussis (whooping cough) weren't on the market when I was an infant. When I was 65 years old, there was an outbreak of pertussis in my region, so I requested, and was given, that vaccine. I spent a couple of weeks in bed with each of the other "ordinary", at the time, childhood diseases.

When my mother was dealing with my reactions to the initial round of infant vaccinations, including smallpox, diphtheria and tetanus, her mother threw a hissy fit about making a perfectly healthy child sick. My mother responded that she would rather deal with the vaccine reactions than with my potentially serious illness and possible early death. Thank goodness she resisted her mother's objections and followed the medical recommendations!

Son had the Astra shot friday.. Hes been a zombie ever since... hot/colds/aching/cant warm up cant cool down
hes supposed to start a new job today with one of the biggest steel companies in AU with amazing opportunities.... and had to call in sick..

Son had the Astra shot friday.. Hes been a zombie ever since... hot/colds/aching/cant warm up cant cool down
hes supposed to start a new job today with one of the biggest steel companies in AU with amazing opportunities.... and had to call in sick..
I was really bad after my first jab, but I was completely back to normal after 3 or 4 days. And I had no symptoms whatsoever after the 2nd so hopefully he'll be back to normal very soon.

Had my 2nd Astra shot today. Too early to know if I will have side effects but if the first one is anything to go by, just expecting a sore arm for a couple of days.
That is of course ignoring my Banana problem and the Bill Gates is GOD syndrome! (A La shoutbox) :fp:

Had my 2nd Astra shot today. Too early to know if I will have side effects but if the first one is anything to go by, just expecting a sore arm for a couple of days.
That is of course ignoring my Banana problem and the Bill Gates is GOD syndrome! (A La shoutbox) :fp:
I suffered for 3 days after the 1st shot, after the second shot it was only 24 hours and nowhere near as bad

Last I heard, the magic word was "Seniors" but things could have changed since then.
As of September 1st "HHS announced a plan to begin offering COVID-19 vaccine booster shots this fall. CDC’s independent advisory committee, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, will continue to meet and discuss data on the evolution of the pandemic and the use of COVID-19 vaccines. ACIP will make further recommendations on the use of boosters for the public after a thorough review of the evidence." (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html)

For people outside the States, HHS=Health and Human Services, CDC=Centers for Disease Control, and ACIP=Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.

Back