Darn Pigeons

We are used to seeing birds fly in a fairly predictable manner. Crows fly in a straight line, smaller birds fly in spurts, hummingbirds fly up and down; but bats, since they are mammals and not birds, they fly in an unpredictable manner, and sometimes it scares us.

There was a BBC news article yesterday about vicious seagulls in the town of Eyemouth, just a few miles down the coast from where I live.
The ones in Llandudno are getting more brazen as the years go on, I've seen them swoop down and knock trays of fish and chips out of peoples hands.

Llandudno needs a scare-eagle like this one.
And he's not kidding!
Has the local Game Warden been notified of the sea gull attacks? It seems that these sea gulls have developed a taste for human food and know that they can swoop in and steal the food. As for the sea gull attacks on children, is it multiple gulls or just one? If it is just one, that one can be captured and dealt with.

Has the local Game Warden been notified of the sea gull attacks? It seems that these sea gulls have developed a taste for human food and know that they can swoop in and steal the food. As for the sea gull attacks on children, is it multiple gulls or just one? If it is just one, that one can be captured and dealt with.
This is a problem which plagues many UK seaside towns, it's not been helped by the fact many tourists deliberately feed the gulls or leave half eaten takeaways lying around :(
There isn't really Game Wardens in these towns it's probably the responsibility of the local council, I guess they're like rats or pigeons it's one of those problems they can't effectively deal with. Perhaps they need a gull cull but the may not go down well with animal welfare people.

This is a problem which plagues many UK seaside towns, it's not been helped by the fact many tourists deliberately feed the gulls or leave half eaten takeaways lying around :(
There isn't really Game Wardens in these towns it's probably the responsibility of the local council, I guess they're like rats or pigeons it's one of those problems they can't effectively deal with. Perhaps they need a gull cull but the may not go down well with animal welfare people.
When I lived in Banbury, Oxfordshire, the market place area was besieged by birds - might have been starlings, can't remember - vary noisy, very messy. The local authority installed a speaker system in the trees playing the distress call that the birds would recognise and keep away. It was not obvious / loud enough for passers-by to hear. Surely that's a starting point for scaring off gulls?

Last edited:
C
When I lived in Banbury, Oxfordshire, the market place area was besieged by birds - might have been starlings, can't remember - vary noisy, very messy. The local authority installed a speaker system in the trees playing the distress call that the birds would recognise and keep away. It was not obvious / loud enough for passers-by to hear. Surely that's a starting point for scaring off gulls?
Surely they can just play Des O Connor records, that should scare ‘em off!

Back