Desert Island DVD's

There’s so many memorable scenes in Early Doors isn’t there?
Tommy spending the party evening sat in the toilet cracks me up every time.
Eddies description of the roadworks past McVities too, as I know that area very well :)

It reminds me of old style bars with their ever present regular barflies the quiz episode gets me with Eddie and Pickles and the pathos of the football card with proceeds to help Eddie and Joan pay off their gas bill . I just loved it whenever it was repeated on Gold I'd watch it even though I have the DVD's . The classic of course is the day out at the Bamboo Club .

It reminds me of old style bars with their ever present regular barflies the quiz episode gets me with Eddie and Pickles and the pathos of the football card with proceeds to help Eddie and Joan pay off their gas bill . I just loved it whenever it was repeated on Gold I'd watch it even though I have the DVD's . The classic of course is the day out at the Bamboo Club .
......and to watch Twin Cheeks :p:p:p

I remember I discovered Early Doors on the inflight entertainment on a flight to America years ago, suffice to say I watched the entire series' back to back and it was one of the 'quickest' journeys I've ever had!

True gritty fly on the wall comedy and often doesn't get the credit it deserves, I love his mums asthma inhaler that sounds like a duck whistle
For anyone who wants to watch as usual the series is on Dailymotion. I'm not quite sure what our overseas viewers would make of this as it's so quintessentially British. Could you call it a Mancunian working class version of Cheers???? :D:D:D

Could you call it a Mancunian working class version of Cheers

Great Analogy Barry, does that make Tommy Norm!!! I have watched it countless times and I never tire of it bit like our beloved show . It's so true to life I have been in countless bars just like that in terms of the characters well except Phil and Nige but sure in days gone by your average bobby always enjoyed a swift half on his way around his beat.

Back