Dodgy Effects!

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
Whilst some of the stunts in the series were truly amazing, some of the special effects/stunts were very unconvincing, particularly towards the end of the series. I do think this was in part due to slashing of budgets the BBC imposed but just for fun which do you think were the worst?

For me it would have to be the episode where Barry & Glenda are sliding down the hill on their tea trays, the cinematic background looks so fake!

I agree that scene may not have looked entirely real. From what I remember the big grin on Glenda's face looked like she was having such fun. As well as the scene where she is racing about in a car. Have me smiling right with her. :21:

Some of the moving landscapes in the car scenes could look a little dodgy. The one where Howard's feet were glued to the pavement and leaning really far to the sides was a stretch. Since it is a normal TV show and not a movie, I don't mind.

I agree that scene may not have looked entirely real. From what I remember the big grin on Glenda's face looked like she was having such fun. As well as the scene where she is racing about in a car. Have me smiling right with her. :21:

Some of the moving landscapes in the car scenes could look a little dodgy. The one where Howard's feet were glued to the pavement and leaning really far to the sides was a stretch. Since it is a normal TV show and not a movie, I don't mind.
I think they realized those stunts on the hills were so outlandish that it wasn't worth the effort with the background landscape scenes. I didn't mind either.

I agree about the moving car scenes. It's obvious they are done against a green-screen.

Back