Dogs

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
How many episodes can you name where dogs where involved in a episode, not just seen in the background but when they were part of the script

I will start the ball rolling with the Pilot episode and Blamire with his landlady's dog

GREENFINGERS!! (300 teeth, all grey round the muzzle.........The dog wasn't much better!:39: )

That Certain Smile with Smilers dog and Wallys whippet in Uncle of the Bride come to mind.

Gordon Wharmby (Wesley) often brought his own dog to the set. In two different episodes, Barry was babysitting a dog. In one, the dog managed to get away from him and he and Glenda ran around shouting his name which freaked someone out for some reason. In another episode, he is walking the dog and Smiler who riding a bike in an inebriated state grabs the leash and takes off with the dog. They end up at a bridge where Howard and Smiler dance on the parapet. Wesley drives up with the crew including Barry. The dog barks once causing Howard and Smiler to fall into the water. As a note, I grew up next to a bridge over a creek and I never once hung over the railing and fell in. Like the bridges in Holmfirth, it was a dirt and concrete bridge and so wildflowers grew next to the road.

Nothing special Adanor, but Barry and Glenda were chasing the dog called ELVIRA but had shortened it to ELVI Which confused the character of Lance no end . He was an ELVIS fan who was convinced that Elvis still lived. :12: The episode was ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT ELVIS.

The other episode was IRONING DAY .Smiler got tiddly on Aunties home made wine and stole the dog from Barry who was " babysitting"!!:me:

Back