Dogs

Since I don't drink, is there anything special about elderberry wine? Is it the fact that it is homemade that drives up the potency? And of course there was an episode of Keeping Up Appearances where Hyacinth buys some elderberry wine and has a glass or two which renders her totally inebriated in public.

Nothing special Adanor, but Barry and Glenda were chasing the dog called ELVIRA but had shortened it to ELVI Which confused the character of Lance no end . He was an ELVIS fan who was convinced that Elvis still lived. :12: The episode was ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT ELVIS.

The other episode was IRONING DAY .Smiler got tiddly on Aunties home made wine and stole the dog from Barry who was " babysitting"!!:me:

Thanks.

Since I don't drink, is there anything special about elderberry wine? Is it the fact that it is homemade that drives up the potency? And of course there was an episode of Keeping Up Appearances where Hyacinth buys some elderberry wine and has a glass or two which renders her totally inebriated in public.

I'm not an expert, but in Ironing Day Auntie notes that she's had the wine for a long time and got it from an old person. Homemade wine isn't usually very potent in terms of alcohol content, but if you leave it in a bottle for a long time the fermentation process would potentially continue and the alcohol content could get pretty high. Most commercial beers and wines are limited to how high their alcohol content can be so even a regular drinker could get drunk quickly on wine that had fermented up into hard liquor levels, though in reality the flavor would likely be pretty harsh.

Did Wally's dog continue to appear in Series 9?

Just watched "The Heavily Reinforced Bottom" and Wally has the dog with him as he and Nora are looking in a shop window. It's the time Nora and Wally have this fabulous conversation:

I like that one. (Nora is pointing to something in the shop window)
Aye.
What d'you mean "Aye"?
I mean OK. So you like that one. Great!
Do YOU like it?
Do you care?!
Of course! I'm not goin' to wear somethin' if YOU don't like it.
Startin' WHEN ?!
Just tell me if you like it.
Can I be honest?
What's the point if you're not honest?
Well, just remember that!
Do you like it or do you not?
I hate it!
You little monkey. You're just bein' awkward!
No, I like it. I like it!
I want your HONEST opinion. You'd better get it right next time.

There is another episode where they are out Christmas shopping and have the dog with them. It is probably "Merry Christmas, Father Christmas" which was Wally's last episode I'll have to check that out tomorrow.

Back