download sites

Oregon Diane

I am broken-hearted after losing my account on a popular bit-torrent site that carries only UK TV shows. I won't show the name, but the word Chaos is in the title. My Internet got interrupted and I had to log in for the first time in 2 years. Couldn't get the name/password correct, so they cut me as a possible threat. They don't reply to my requests for reinstatement.
Over here in Oregon, I am going through withdrawals. Can anyone recommend a download site that specializes in UK content ? I managed to get every episode of Summer Wine this way, but there is so much more...everyday !

Can anyone advise ?
Di

Hi Di how about Amazon prime or Youtube? There are a lot of Summer Wine episode's on YouTube. Hope one of these work

I am broken-hearted after losing my account on a popular bit-torrent site that carries only UK TV shows. I won't show the name, but the word Chaos is in the title. My Internet got interrupted and I had to log in for the first time in 2 years. Couldn't get the name/password correct, so they cut me as a possible threat. They don't reply to my requests for reinstatement.
Over here in Oregon, I am going through withdrawals. Can anyone recommend a download site that specializes in UK content ? I managed to get every episode of Summer Wine this way, but there is so much more...everyday !

Can anyone advise ?
Di

Well Chuck is in the USA and may be able to help or you could try https://kat.cr

I'll try the kat.cr.......still sad though. Chaos was the best. I could scroll down and see most anything that had been shown in the UK the same day, download it and save it for later.
Oh well, needs must. I will move on.

Thanks
Di

Thanks for your suggestions ! tvchaosuk claims my actual I.P. has been banned so I don't think there's any way around it. They were just recovering from a major attack and there here I come blundering in, forgetting my info. DUH.

Thanks anyway,

I don't know how your local network within your house is set up but I imagine all your devices will communicate through your broadband hub/router on the same ip subnet and your desktop/laptop will get an IP address assigned through DHCP [Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol] . You could try and kid the site you cannot access by giving your laptop/desktop a static IP address in the IP subnet your router and devices are set up on [ For example here most home networks use an IP address range 192.168.0.0 usually with a subnet mask 255.255.255.0 which means you can use any address in 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254 although I imagine your router uses the .1 address]

There are a couple of commands you can run from the Command interface . So in Windows 10 in the search the web and Windows box if you type command you should see Command Prompt desktop app if you select that it will open a command prompt window. On that Command prompt window if you type ipconfig/all that will show you your ip address, the subnet mask[ for example 255.255.255.0] and the default gateway . If you type arp -a that will show you all of the IP addresses that are on your network so from that you could select anyone in that .1 to .254 range and try using that except of course any in use ] .

It is atypically what you would do say for a printer because every time you reload the printer you want it to have the same address because anything interacting with it will have its software configured to use that address.

There are plenty of references on the net on how to set a static ip address on your desktop/laptop rather than me type a long description here
Basically from the Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and sharing Centre -> Change Adapter Sessions -> [if you connect with an ethernet cable then right click on the ethernet connection or wireless right click on the WIFI connection and in either case click properties that gives you a list of properties associated with your network adapter] -> highlight Internet Protocol version 4 and click properties you will probably see the box obtain an ip address automatically is selected, if you click the checkbox below Use the following IP address and fill in the boxes [the default gateway is your routers address I cannot imagine it wont be .1 ] then click Ok for all windows opened to get to that change one, that should set your IP address as a static IP and everytime you reboot you will keep that address.

IF you had issues with connecting to the internet after that you can reverse by going through all the stages again and just click the box obtain an ip address automatically and that should get you back working again with a dynamic ip address.

your desktop/laptop will get an IP address assigned through DHCP [Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol]

The few times this has happened to me, I have logged off, closed down
the DSL router, shut down everything, and powered off. Next morning,
when I start up the router, then powered up the computers,
and finally logged in, I found that all my addresses have been reset
and I can begin again from scratch.

Back