Editing posts

wstol

Dedicated Member
I've done my usual trick of sending out a post with a typo or three, and left it too late to edit it.

Certainly not going to worry about it, it can stay like that.

But would it be an easy task to extend the time available to alter posts, so they don't have to stay incorrect until the forum decides to blow up one day?

I've done a few misspellings and have corrected some and missed a few too. My problem is I try and type too fast and then don't proofread, but being the pillock I am, you'll have this..

Auntie would not approve, he'll be asking for a sachet of ketchup next. Such extravagance.
Why would you deny one the pleasures of life, he should enjoy as many ketchup sachets as he likes, a pound per seems fair, yes?

I've done a few misspellings and have corrected some and missed a few too. My problem is I try and type too fast and then don't proofread, but being the pillock I am, you'll have this..
I would just like to say that as long as the meaning is clear, that a few misspellings can be overlooked. But, depending on what program one might have, it is possible that spellcheck, etc. are incorporated. So if you happen to notice a word with a red underline, it means it is not spelled correctly; click on it and you get options. Then if there is the blue underline, then it might be a general issue. Click on it and find out what's wrong. But, if your program doesn't do that, hey, hey, hey, it's all right! It's the meaning that counts!

Adanor, the problem then becomes one of the autocorrect function using "incorrect" American. No offence to Americans (well maybe a little ;)) but this is a British based site, so politeness suggests we should follow those norms.
In any case I am not one to complain, I use a mish-mash of everything, including double-dutch! :cafe:

Something I have noticed that some of the software you download and install only give you the option of American English

This is something as Brits we accept, although we invented the language it was an American who invented the personal computer so I'm used to correcting Americanized Americanised typing on websites :p

Back