Euro 2024

Yes watched a few games thought we were abjectly average but still have 3 points. I just think we overhype our chances. I could cheerfully punch anyone who utters the words " it's coming home" or sings Sweet Caroline or Three Lions.

I always find it funny when people have such a dislike for our national game......
I know and understand about the "overpaid prima donnas" argument but it brings such joy and happiness to so many people......from supporters of Premier league teams [like me and The Captain] to fans of clubs who may get 30 supporters per game.
It brings universal pleasure to billions.
It makes you happy when skies are grey.
I do not know another sport that has such ridicule compared to the sport I know and love....[I have had over 50 years of lows and lowers watching Everton.....but I still go home and away with lads I have known for 40 years]
X!

The problem is we will be going round in circles for ever my Cornish friend...
It is estimated that throughout the U.K. that there is approximately 2 million people who watch "their side" every week......there are those [a small minority] who seek to confront other supporters with the same mindset as theirs [this has been the same since the teddy boys......Mods v. Rockers eras].....but fortunately the vast majority of fans throughout our country [U.K.] simply wish to follow their team.....through thick and thin....they will lose together and win together.....as I can testify.....it is a bond that lasts a lifetime.
X!

I always find it funny when people have such a dislike for our national game......
I know and understand about the "overpaid prima donnas" argument but it brings such joy and happiness to so many people......from supporters of Premier league teams [like me and The Captain] to fans of clubs who may get 30 supporters per game.
It brings universal pleasure to billions.
It makes you happy when skies are grey.
I do not know another sport that has such ridicule compared to the sport I know and love....[I have had over 50 years of lows and lowers watching Everton.....but I still go home and away with lads I have known for 40 years]
X!
Being someone who actually played for a womans team back in the stone age, I can honestly say I don't see it as a sport now, over the years its lost something, we can't get a really good team together because a lot of the best league plays go home and play for their home country team and the money is obscene and it's taken the sportsmanship out of it but that's just my opinion.

Being someone who actually played for a womans team back in the stone age, I can honestly say I don't see it as a sport now, over the years its lost something, we can't get a really good team together because a lot of the best league plays go home and play for their home country team and the money is obscene and it's taken the sportsmanship out of it but that's just my opinion.

its like so many - they are no longer sports. they are business.. franchises!... and with that comes corruption and more $... Also when certain nations get involved, it all turns to excrement.

Sadly i have doubts in many sports now... diveball... I mean soccer, cricket, union, league, car racing, bike racing the lot.. Theres too much money involved - outside the game too..
It also doesnt pay for some clubs/teams to eternally lose.. nobody supports/sponsors them which becomes no good for anyone.

Not only the players - over here, the part time umpires earn stupid money... This is for 1x 80 minute game a week and 2 training sessions.
AFL field umpires reportedly earn between $120-130k a year.. Boundary and goal umpires receive less, generally starting at around $20,000.

Back