Euro 2024

Guessing Mrs Blue is not a fellow Summer Wino or you are definitely a brown bread man if she ever reads that post . The positive outcome is what did she expect you to take and what you did take home as a present , guessing a used plastic pint glass from Dortmund wouldn't cut the mustard not even German[love their mustard] and certainly not good old English[ love it even more] .

Captain...SHE ABSOLUTELY LOVES OUR SHOW !!!!....it is the only thing that keeps us together !!!!!!.....the only reason I don't divorce her is to make sure she is unhappy !!!!.
Seriously.....we watch it together......she is [nearly] as obsessed as I am !!!!......infact she bears a striking resemblence to the former Mrs.Truelove/Wally Batty !!!!!!!
I bought her a balaclava with the German flag on......for when we go out together !!!!.
X!

I did indeed Mr.Ferret.......and just to confuse our "non football" Summerwine family members.....the flag bears the crests of BOTH EVERTON AND RANGERS !!!...
Now here is where it gets a little complicated for our worldwide family......RANGERS ARE A TEAM FROM GLASCOW....SCOTLAND !!!...[I can see lots of heads being scratched !!!!!]......BUT they are loyal to the crown......so actually SUPPORT ENGLAND !!!!!!!....they are a "LOYLIST" club......SO.....fans of ENGLISH clubs tend to support RANGERS as well as their own side...[I TOLD YOU IT WAS CONFUSING !!!!.]
Many fans of English clubs [particularly Chelsea] have strong bonds with Rangers and both sets of fans regularly travel north and south to watch each others team !!!.
X !
Don’t forget the half ‘n’ half ski hats in the eighties !

Now yer talkin' Ferret !!!!!...I was always half Celtic half Everton bobble hat !!!!....[although we also had half Rangers half Everton bobbles as well !!!]..Everton were always considered the Catholic club in the City....and I am of that persuasion.....infact when we won the Cup Winners Cup in Rotterdam we were joined by 3000 Celtic fans !!!....we were the best team in Europe then mate !!!!.
Fans used to shout "CELTIC" ...then the Rangers fans would shout "RANGERS" in the Gwlady's stret in the early to mid 80's...those were the days my friend !!!!...fashion...football culture...music.....fantastic memories...the best times in my life !!!!.
Man Utd [Celtic] and Man City [Rangers] were exactly the same mate !!!

Now yer talkin' Ferret !!!!!...I was always half Celtic half Everton bobble hat !!!!....[although we also had half Rangers half Everton bobbles as well !!!]..Everton were always considered the Catholic club in the City....and I am of that persuasion.....infact when we won the Cup Winners Cup in Rotterdam we were joined by 3000 Celtic fans !!!....we were the best team in Europe then mate !!!!.
Fans used to shout "CELTIC" ...then the Rangers fans would shout "RANGERS" in the Gwlady's stret in the early to mid 80's...those were the days my friend !!!!...fashion...football culture...music.....fantastic memories...the best times in my life !!!!.
My pal is a season ticket holder at Celtic and sadly I can tell you that the vast majority of their fans want anyone but England to win anything. In fact many of their fans would support Ireland over Scotland when they play :(

Barry...I have been bevvying down the Gallowgate and the Barras in Glasgow and the pubs have had the Republic of Ireland games on instead of Scotland games.
The same goes for Bridgeton in Glasgow where they will watch England games instead of Scotland games....a staunch Rangers area.
X!

Yes it was the same with me at United in the Stratford end. We also had the added complication of the different areas in the same terrace chanting for their section. The left side, the right side and the tunnel. We had to remember where we were as we tended to drift about every home depending on the time we got into the ground :)
We then moved over to the Scoreboard Paddock so we only had one chant about where we were :).

My pal is a season ticket holder at Celtic and sadly I can tell you that the vast majority of their fans want anyone but England to win anything. In fact many of their fans would support Ireland over Scotland when they play :(
Know a Welsh family that feel the same, we're related too lol

Barry...I have been bevvying down the Gallowgate and the Barras in Glasgow and the pubs have had the Republic of Ireland games on instead of Scotland games.
The same goes for Bridgeton in Glasgow where they will watch England games instead of Scotland games....a staunch Rangers area.
X!

On a coach trip to Glasgow and Edinburgh with limited time in each city and with the inevitable rain in Glasgow jumped in first bar , the Horseshoe and to add to it , it was match day however, it was just brilliant what a great bar .

I’ll never forget when my pal took me to the Old Firm game he first took me to a bar called the Brazen Head in Glasgow. My pal suggested keep my voice down as the locals may not take kindly to my English accent. All I can say is there was quite a sectarian atmosphere in there. I’ve never been so intimidated in a pub before or since. :oops:

Barry..The Brazen Head is in the Gorbals area of Glasgow.....it is STAUNCH Republican and is known as the most famous Celtic bar in the world !!!.
It is an amazing place.....but very pro Irish.....anti British.
A lot of people from my City say "Scouse not English".....and Scousers seem to be accepted in Glasgow.
I have been going up for 30 years and have never had any trouble.....I think is is because we are both Port Cities with massive numbers of Irish people who fled the horrific potato famine.
I would recommend anyone who is in Glasgow to visit The Brazen Head....the interior is a thing to behold.....BUT....don't go on a match day.....unless you are wearing green and white !!!!!.
X!

Back