Favourite Comedy films

I would be a big fan of Will Hay and love his films.I also enjoy the old "Ealing Comedies" and one film i never tire of watching is,"The Sunshine Boys".Funny thing is,i was never exactly a fan of either of the leading actors but they do a brilliant job in this very funny film.

Hector.

Reference to "The Sunshine Boys" did remind me how much I have enjoyed Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau films. I see they did eight together plus one Lemmon directed with Matthau in ("Kotch") and "JFK" where they both had small parts. "The Odd Couple", "Grumpy Old Men" and "Grumpier Old Men" were brilliant.

"See No Evil, Hear No Evil", Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder was also pretty sound.

But I do tend to agree with whoever said that in general British comedy is funnier. I love "Four Weddings and a Funeral". Saw it on a flight across the pond and I never watch films on an aircraft. I have the DVD but whenever it comes on the box I cannot resist watching it.

I would be a big fan of Will Hay and love his films.I also enjoy the old "Ealing Comedies" and one film i never tire of watching is,"The Sunshine Boys".Funny thing is,i was never exactly a fan of either of the leading actors but they do a brilliant job in this very funny film.

Hector.

Reference to "The Sunshine Boys" did remind me how much I have enjoyed Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau films. I see they did eight together plus one Lemmon directed with Matthau in ("Kotch") and "JFK" where they both had small parts. "The Odd Couple", "Grumpy Old Men" and "Grumpier Old Men" were brilliant.

"See No Evil, Hear No Evil", Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder was also pretty sound.

But I do tend to agree with whoever said that in general British comedy is funnier. I love "Four Weddings and a Funeral". Saw it on a flight across the pond and I never watch films on an aircraft. I have the DVD but whenever it comes on the box I cannot resist watching it.

Love four weddings too Unc and another Wilder film i enjoy is i think called Silver Streak but can not remember if Richard Pryor was in it. :)

Back