Ferreting About

W

Who Is That Then

I notice in the 1st season shows that Compo's ferrets are actually clearly on display in a cage in his living room. Several 1st season episodes show the cage and the ferrets. I don't recall though seeing the ferrets so plainly on display in later shows. They are referred to a lot, but they always seem to be mysteriously hidden somewhere, once in a while one appears in Compo's pants! At any rate I thought this was interesting how the ferrets seem to have disappeared from view.

There was another occasion in a much later series when Compo was sat outside the White Horse with Clegg and Foggy and a real ferret appeared from out of Compo's jacket.

I think it was 'Next Kiss Please'.

There was another occasion in a much later series when Compo was sat outside the White Horse with Clegg and Foggy and a real ferret appeared from out of Compo's jacket.

I think it was 'Next Kiss Please'.

it was Camera Shy, Howard wanted Compo to stop the ladies seeing the film that he thought showed him and Marina in it, so Compo thrashed about and said it was his ferret having a tantrum, when they got to the pub later Foggy said he thought he went over the top with his act and then the ferret popped out from under Compo's jacket, leaving Foggy stunned

Also I noticed that the few times we did see the Ferrets they were never the same colour. Sometimes brown and other times beige..

Back