Finally.

I should be so lucky! My order still displays "Arriving 22 Aug - 26 Aug; Pre-ordered" Apparently Amazon can't guarantee delivery to international addresses on the release date.

I should be so lucky! My order still displays "Arriving 22 Aug - 26 Aug; Pre-ordered" Apparently Amazon can't guarantee delivery to international addresses on the release date.

I got notification today ....... it was a long, long journey..... but we may be there at last.

Last edited:
Given the contents includes an ex MI5 operative , who doubled as a Milkman as part of his cover , then the package will be plain cardboard . Please ensure that you take the necessary precautions regarding the disposal of all packaging , eating it is an option , remember the duck flies at midnight I repeat the duck flies at midnight! This post will self destruct in 1 hour. :38:

Given the contents includes an ex MI5 operative , who doubled as a Milkman as part of his cover , then the package will be plain cardboard . Please ensure that you take the necessary precautions regarding the disposal of all packaging , eating it is an option , remember the duck flies at midnight I repeat the duck flies at midnight! This post will self destruct in 1 hour. :38:

Copy copy duck leader but if you blow up my laptop I'll belt you with my tin tray!

They may be packing mine as we "speak". I just received a notice from my credit card issuer questioning a charge in the right amount from the right merchant. I tentatively expect a shipment notice overnight. The question arose because the charge came from outside the country and since I'm not currently traveling I don't have a travel override on file.

I am a Amazon prime member and as of yet mine has not been dispatch,I think with non prime members they are dispatched but held,so they get delivered on release date, I suspect I will get the dispatch notice on Sunday for it to arrive on Monday, lets wait and see if anyone gets theirs before Monday

Same here - It just arrived through my letter-box. A sigh of relief after half a lifetime of alternating suspense and disappointment......... Now for a cup of tea and maybe light a candle too ?

It is both joyous and sad that the last DVD has hit the mat , great because everyone now has full access to all episodes at any time :) , but sad because perhaps the greatest bone of contention to all fans of the show has now been finally excavated and consigned to the museum of grumbles and laments :( All is now :speechless:

Can I dare to offer a brief glimmer of hope - a possible small consolation for LOSW fans who soon will have exhausted those three-hundred-odd moments of laughter........ A few shows of a similar mood and humour -
EARLY DOORS !
DIDN'T KNOW YOU CARED !
But in the meantime, let's enjoy Hobbo.

Last edited:
Received the dispatch notice a bit over an hour ago. It says "Arriving: Tuesday, August 30". I can't imagine what the shipping method is. That's about double the usual elapsed time for UK to US airmail, but only half the usual for surface shipping.

Received the dispatch notice a bit over an hour ago. It says "Arriving: Tuesday, August 30". I can't imagine what the shipping method is. That's about double the usual elapsed time for UK to US airmail, but only half the usual for surface shipping.

Maybe it's coming via Foggy's post lady, she might still be honeymooning in Blackpool.

Can I dare to offer a brief glimmer of hope - a possible small consolation for LOSW fans who soon will have exhausted those three-hundred-odd moments of laughter........ A few shows of a similar mood and humour -
EARLY DOORS !
DIDN'T KNOW YOU CARED !
But in the meantime, let's enjoy Hobbo.

Definitely support you with Early Doors it is so well written sadly only two series but perhaps would have struggled with the third . It would have been nice to see how the Ken/ Tania/ Jean triangle played out with Tania now running the pub alongside Ken, would Tania have moved in upstairs eventually.

You know its well written because its wholly centred in the pub no outside shots [even the race trip/twin cheeks where you see them leave through the front door and come back after the day in the back] . I just think the observational humour of the character's traits is so good , thought Phil Mealey and Craig Cash would write something else but don't believe they have .

From previous posts there are a lot of Didn't Know You Cared fans on the forum myself included.

Marianna ,

It's being delivered by Howard who is rowing the Atlantic single handed! :08:

Been finding and ordering copies of the Constable books (Heartbeat) and a few
from the UK to here in the States can take at least a month. Not sure
how they are sent.

Been finding and ordering copies of the Constable books (Heartbeat) and a few
from the UK to here in the States can take at least a month. Not sure
how they are sent.

That long in transit is most likely surface. I used to routinely mail my concert scores home after a week's singing in a choral festival at Canterbury Cathedral. Because music scores fall into the "printed paper" category, I could send them at that much less expensive rate, equivalent to the USPS "book rate". It was much slower, though, because it was surface mail. From Canterbury to south central upstate New York always took about a month. On the other hand, I routinely receive Airmail from Ellstree, Hertfordshire, which takes a week or less.

Definitely support you with Early Doors it is so well written sadly only two series but perhaps would have struggled with the third . It would have been nice to see how the Ken/ Tania/ Jean triangle played out with Tania now running the pub alongside Ken, would Tania have moved in upstairs eventually.

You know its well written because its wholly centred in the pub no outside shots [even the race trip/twin cheeks where you see them leave through the front door and come back after the day in the back] . I just think the observational humour of the character's traits is so good , thought Phil Mealey and Craig Cash would write something else but don't believe they have .

From previous posts there are a lot of Didn't Know You Cared fans on the forum myself included.
I did find DKYC a bit tiring towards the end - Too many "Catch phrases", repeated too often.
Have you watched "The Detectorists" ? - Is that of a similar style to LOSW ? - Worth watching ?

Back