Finally.

There was a thread for the Detectorists a little while back . I have not watched it but Chris had and the review he gave was not great, he thought the humour was forced .

Just watched the third episode of the final boxed set with a friend - We both agreed that the show took a dive the moment Hobbo appeared. The relegation of Clegg and Truly to merely sitting in Clegg's lounge reading newspapers didn't help either.There was barely a laugh over the entire first three episodes. The worst aspect of it was Hobbo's boringly repetitive fantasising about his exploits as an imagined secret agent. What do others think ?

I have a seen a mixed reaction on previous threads , sadly Peter Sallis and Frank Thornton were too frail to partake in the show in the manner they did in previous series . I have stated before but essentially Russ Abbot is performing his stage act before our very eyes, it's effectively a slightly changed Basildon Bond from his ITV Series . Some people enjoyed the pure stupidity of it , others think its puerile humour . I personally think Roy Clarke's scripts are not up to previous series standards . I often wonder if he had an inkling " that the game was up" and knew that the BEEB were about to cancel the series .

Back